pink ribbon pin and magnet

contrary.crocheter

pinkribbon-1.jpg?t=1237993221

I have a friend who has breast cancer and wanted to make something for her, but also something she could give out to friends. I had a pin in mind when I started experimenting. The top one just came out too big so it is now a magnet (although smaller lace would make a pretty pin too), but the bottom one is attached to a large yo-yo made out of gauzy fabric. I found some little rhinestone hearts to attach to the center and am happy with the way they came out. It actually doesn’t take long to make them, just took me forever to decide on the right items to make them with. Now I just need to buckle down and get a bunch done! I am thinking I will mount them on cardstock so she can give them out and have room to write a little note too.

emeraldjayne62 I also pmed you with some info.

here is the link for the ribbon pattern. I made mine just a little shorter and hot glued it to either lace or fabric so the ribbon didn't curl. I mounted the pins on pink cardstock -- to the side so there would be room to write a note or verse next to it. I think they would be great for fundraisers too! good luck!

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/angelcrafts/patterns/bcribbon.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived