Cut-Away Cardi CAL

ok so I got one front done and decided to match it up to the back to see how it looked and UGH my back was way short on sp in the top, not sure where I messed up so I had to frog back to where I knew for sure it was right, just before the armhole shaping, gotta try again tonight

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherrypicker and Ladykats- awesome cardis!! Beautiful work.

I have frogged mine and am going to try Darski's no-sew method. It is on hold until next week, though, as I am working on an angel package for the kitchen swap. After that is mailed I will be able to pick up my cardi again! :clap

too late to join? i just saw the white cardi and i've gotta make myself one

It's never too late to join in.

i am still working on mine but slowly it seems.

So many WIP's so little time. :wlol

Darski , are you doing yours in the one piece?I still have slippers to finish first (getting over them now after 6 pairs and I still have 2 grandies to make for and my niece just put in an order so that makes 3 more pairs to go , thats 18 slipper .aaaaarrrrgggggggg , lol ) before I can start on mine . And thats putting the hat I started on hold too .But I would appreciate any hints on doing the one piece version of this cardie . Getting to the arm holes is a bit daunting . Not sure exactly where you would go from there , but I spose it would become obvious as you went on?!Has anyone tried it this way yet?Oh ......HOPPY EASTER..:-]

Yes I am doing the one piece construction. I have just had a dozen things come to the surface of late so it is slow going. Maybe today would be a good time to get this up to the armholes :yes

Will let you know how it goes. :wlol

I decided to do the one piece also. I was trying to figure it out Saturday morning, but couldn't get it because I need to change where the ch loop stitches are if I don't do drop sleeves and do their sleeves. My back I did ended up so long that I will need to change where I do the decreases in ch loops if I do them at all. I do like that look, but will figure it out later (right now I'm hooked on socks:hook).

I decided if I was going to follow the pattern, I would do the back version of where to place the chain loops (I have a low waist anyway).

So I need to take some time to and figure out where to put things. I still have my back up to where I worked it, so I'm going to use that as a guide, sort of. Maybe start the one piece and then frog the back when I need the yarn.

Debbi

My one piece version seems to be going along nicely so far. I have finished one skein of my yarn (just a milestone for me) and hope to get more completed today.

I am wondering if anyone has tried to lengthen this (when finished) by using weights on the hem while drying on a hanger. :eek Ok this is probably way past understandable but with an acrylic yarn it is hard to know how to do blocking stuff. this pattern needs some method of blocking to get the mesh to open up.

Oh yeah... I am also thinking of using my fave edging instead of the sew on kind. :think

I still haven't decided on an edge for this cardigan, Darski I have been toying with that idea as well. But it fits my daughter pretty well, and with the edging added, I think she will be okay with the length.

It's never too late to join in.

i am still working on mine but slowly it seems.

So many WIP's so little time. :wlol

Yay! I just got the back and front panels done, working on a sleeve.

So you're working it all in one piece? wowee!

Uggh...

After much frustration.. and frogging it a couple of times, I think I have FINALLY gotten the concept of the back of the cardi. I'm WAY behind I think... but that's alright. I got bored with another WIP and decided to try this one again. Now that I think I've got it... I'm gonna pop in a movie, stay up WAY too late and see how far I can get. :D

well i guess it's finished, minus the edging, but i don't really think it needs edging

Cut Away Cardigan

click full view or click on the picture to make it bigger :)

i made it xl, but the sleeves are the length for extra small, i have short arms haha

the overall fit is kind of loose, but the top of the sleeve is sort of snug, i think i chained the beginning for the sleeve too tight.

Niki, you're not behind. I started this CAL, started the cardigan and it wasn't working out. I need to start over but have got sidetracked by socks:crocheting. Plus I need to work on the pattern to fit me.

well i guess it's finished, minus the edging, but i don't really think it needs edging

Cut Away Cardigan

Beautiful! Great job. :clap I think it looks fine without an edging too. I plan on putting one on mine though, I think.

Debbi

i think the net stitch goes pretty fast, but it also makes the shape a bit odd cause it can stretch, but it was pretty fun!

like i put in the decription, i might go back and add the edging

Yeah I feel all paranoid cause my back piece is not even on the edges.. but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to curve in and then back out. haha.

Well I finally finished the back piece today. I started one of the front panels.

I have no idea if I'm doing it right though... :-\

Yeah I feel all paranoid cause my back piece is not even on the edges.. but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to curve in and then back out. haha.

yeah, FlyinHigh... mine is curvy, too!

I don't have as much done as I would have liked by now, so I will be here for a while....

yep it curves in and then out. i was scared when i was making it, but it curves out and is wider at the top than at the bottom until you get to the ch 4 net.

Hello Everyone! I'd planned to be finished with the cardi by now, but got a little side tracked with a prom dress. (Uhh, no it's not for me. :lol ) I've finished the cardi back and all but the last few rows of one front. Still working on the dress, but will have a hook in my hand by Thursday.

I actually started mine a couple of weeks ago and I just now found this CAL for it! I just finished stitching it together and am starting on the edging. I must say that this pattern was written just HORRIBLY! I mean, it could have been made one piece so easy without all this piece-work. And what's with attaching the edging afterwards? I've never heard of such a thing! I think the creator of this pattern much be a seamstress or love to sew because I think most of us HATE sewing our pieces together, right? Anyway, I will be happy when this thing is done! It's turning out lovely but what a pain, right?

I did mine in "I love this cotton" from Hobby Lobby. It stretches but not so much that it's mis-shapen. I also chose a very lovely pale pink color. I don't have quite enough yarn to finish the edging so I'll have to pick another skein up tomorrow so I can finish this. I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done...

I finished one front panel and started the second. I'm about halfway done with that one. So hopefully I'll get that done soon. I had to take a break from it and catch up on various websites since I've been done.

:hi, Nikki!

Glad to see you back!

I haven't worked on mine for a bit either, but last week I :frog :frog it, to make it in 1 piece.... Like everyone else I LOATH sewing:lol