Drop Stitch Ripple Scarf

happy stitcher

This is what I made from the online class given by Kim Guzman here at the wonderful 'ville! :manyheart

It's a drop stitch ripple scarf made from Caron Spa in Natural. I don't think I ever make things exactly according to direction -I always find something I want to change. There's no disrpespect intended to the designer - I just always find something that I'd like to do different. In this case I changed the rows so that they alternated different sizes, and added fringe.

I used an H hook for the stitches, and found that an E hook worked best for pulling up loops. The H hook was a little large for that part. I used a size 35 knitting needle to loop the stitches the same size. One skein made the scarf 56" x 5", and I wanted it a bit longer, so I used a second skein to add 12" and the fringe. The scarf is now 68" without fringe. I don't usually go for fringe, but in this case I like the way the fringe continues the pattern.

I did have to block it, and I'm sure it will need re-blocked occasionally. I think I'll use some spray starch next time, too. It tends to scrunch up together, and then the pattern doesn't show as well. But I'm very happy with it. I like the way it looks so delicate. I think I chose the right color for this project, too. I can wear it with a lot of things next fall and winter.

359269062.jpg

Kim, thank you for teaching the class! I had fun! :hug

Judy

PS - I won't have internet access for a few days after this afternoon, so if there are any questions you may not get an immediate answer, but I'll check the thread when I get back online.

• 1 month later...

Archived