Sponsored: April 2009 Sock CAL

I finished one sock! Yay. That's probably all I'll finish this month, but I've started the second one. It's my own pattern, so I can't delay too long--have to make the second one while I can remember what I did.

Karen

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely meant to work on socks for this. I actually have the hank wound from Loopy Ewe, but Time and work got in my way. But I am hoping that even though I am not going to be successfully finishing the socks by the end of this month... I will get to them in the next month during all my travels around the area with the family! :) I will post when they are done!

I did finish my socks a few weeks ago, and just sewed in the ends this week, so they are completely done now. I want to get my husband to take a photo of them on my feet to post in the other thread. Who would've thought it would be so hard to take a pic of your own feet? :lol Also, i never would've thought I'd crochet socks, but I enjoyed it. Thanks for the CAL, Amy and Donna and the Loopy Ewe! :cheer

I didn't actually finish a pair of socks, but I got one done! (And no, there's no way I'll finish the other in one day, oh well). This is my very first ever crochet project, so I'm actually quite proud of myself for getting it done. It's not the most elegant work - I think I started over 10 times before getting the hang of it. It's also a little loose. But I think they will make nice comfy house socks for the winter.

Edited to add: I'm so happy that I took part in this CAL, even if I won't finish a pair by the end of May (I'm still on the toe section of the second sock). This has really improved my crocheting skills, including how to read a pattern. I started a shawl a couple of months ago which never went anywhere, since I didn't have enough confidence in my crocheting skills. Now I think I'm ready to go back to that project!

Behold my intuitive shell sock, crocheted in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, Gold Hill colorway:

post-27916-135897411794_thumb.jpg

I didn't actually finish a pair of socks, but I got one done! (And no, there's no way I'll finish the other in one day, oh well). This is my very first ever crochet project, so I'm actually quite proud of myself for getting it done. It's not the most elegant work - I think I started over 10 times before getting the hang of it. It's also a little loose. But I think they will make nice comfy house socks for the winter.

Edited to add: I'm so happy that I took part in this CAL, even if I won't finish a pair by the end of May (I'm still on the toe section of the second sock). This has really improved my crocheting skills, including how to read a pattern. I started a shawl a couple of months ago which never went anywhere, since I didn't have enough confidence in my crocheting skills. Now I think I'm ready to go back to that project!

Behold my intuitive shell sock, crocheted in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, Gold Hill colorway:

Your sock is lovely and your accomplishing a goal even greater. Be proud of yourself, I am very impressed with your ability. Try a smaller hook next time it should tighten the stitches for you.:clap

Thanks so much for your kind words! I did think about switching to a smaller hook, but I had started over so many times that I got lazy. They fit my foot fine, it's the cuff that is the problem, so I think I just need to do fewer pattern repeats around my leg in order to get it to fit better.

I'm running behind, but I haven't given up! I will get it done and get photos to the Loopy Ewe...they were so nice to sponsor this CAL. Unfortunately, in May life has pretty much exploded in my household :help and so crocheted socks got put on the back burner. :thair

Mlo2Mlo, I like your socks, and that colorway is gorgeous!

What did you think of the heel in the pattern?

she did a great job, those were the socks I made also and I thought the heel was a tad small, so I increased the number of rows.

• Donna changed the title to Sponsored: April 2009 Sock CAL
  • Donna locked this topic

Archived