Sponsored: April 2009 Sock CAL

Just found out about this CAL today, but since I knit socks, I have known about the Loopy Ewe for a while. I have never crocheted socks. An opportunity to shop at the Loopy Ewe with a discount and try a new skill...I have a feeling that resistance...is...futile! :hook

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished my first sock today! I decided to use the Four Leaf Toe-ver pattern with the Chocolate Strawberry Silk Bamboo yarn by Sheepaints.

I took some pictures earlier today of the yarn I received, plus the cuff of the sock. I haven't downloaded them from the camera yet, and it's too dark to take a good picture of the finished sock. I'll take a picture tomorrow when I get home from church, and then post all the pictures so you can all see what I bought. And most importantly, what the finished sock looks like.

Just dropping in to say that I am behind already. :(

My daughter has had some health issues so I am late getting started. I did order yarn for both the ultimate crocheted socks and the intuitive shell socks. I'm leaning towards the intuitive shell socks, using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in the Gold Hill colorway. I even have new crochet hooks! So I think I can manage to finish by the end of May.

I just found this link: Inexpensive and Easy Sock Blockers.This tutorial is extremely easy, and I think it makes way cute sock blockers! It uses plastic-coated wire hangers, so you even end up with a ready-made hook at the top for hanging.

Some people block socks and some don't. I think I'll try it both ways and see how much of a difference it makes. I can see blocking making a difference in lacy knit socks, but I'm curious to see how much it will matter for crocheted socks.

I finally found my pattern!! :cheer I chose this one http://www.geocities.com/needlesandpinza/sockhookr/steppingstones.html

because I LOVE the toe!!! I did a quick test on some sport weight I had and so far so good...it feel great on my foot. I think it will be even better in the sock yarn! I am so excited to get started now!! :dance

Now if I could find someone to come do my laundry while I just sat and crocheted all day!! :think LOL!!!

I just found this link: Inexpensive and Easy Sock Blockers.This tutorial is extremely easy, and I think it makes way cute sock blockers! It uses plastic-coated wire hangers, so you even end up with a ready-made hook at the top for hanging.

Some people block socks and some don't. I think I'll try it both ways and see how much of a difference it makes. I can see blocking making a difference in lacy knit socks, but I'm curious to see how much it will matter for crocheted socks.

Awsome Donna, thanks. I think I will try this. I got my toe done and working my way up the foot. Looking realy nice in one color, and its so soft. I want to get a little more done before I post my progress. Probably later tonight.

Thanks for the link. Now I am on a hanger hunt, :think. I am also going to find the smaller wire hangers I used to hang the baby and doll clothes on.

I bet I could use them for children's sox...

ARGH!!! :eek Loopy Ewe = too many pretty yarns!!! I can't decide! :think

:idea Do you think my family will notice if I spend grocery money on yarn????

ARGH!!! :eek Loopy Ewe = too many pretty yarns!!! I can't decide! :think

:idea Do you think my family will notice if I spend grocery money on yarn????

EXACTLY!!! Aren't they gorgeous??!! It is SO much prettier when you actually get it...and it wonderful to work with(or at least mine is!).

LaVonneK...your socks are looking great!!! :clap

back http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/LaVonneK/100_1317.jpg

front http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/LaVonneK/100_1316.jpg

Okay here is my progress, sorry bout the links, but photobucket is not letting me copy the link to here to show a pic.

Very nice, can't believe how much you have done already. :clap

got my wool today.

tracie's organic garden

seaside

hope i have got the right stuff.

Now i am to scare to start.

i have just finished a first practice pair.

i just have to jump right in now.

wish me luck.

got my wool today.

tracie's organic garden

seaside

hope i have got the right stuff.

Now i am to scare to start.

i have just finished a first practice pair.

i just have to jump right in now.

wish me luck.

:clap:cheer:yay:hug:manyheart :D

I hope your tootsies

and little footsies

are nice and warm

and safe from harm

when your sox are complete

and snuggled close on your feet.

GOOD LUCK :hook

Love the color you selected LaVonne... I just started the same pattern I think Stepping stones...I am still working on my pattern for the flip flop socks also... I finished 2 pairs of socks and sent them to my girl friend that had surgery 4 weeks ago and spent the last 2 weeks plus in the hospital.. I asked her what I could do for her and she said just send me a pair of the socks you are making... Here are the ones I sent her..

fb22f677afb8__1239798348000.jpeg

336c01994669__1239799247000.jpeg

Thanks Donna for the easy sock blockers... I am going to post this site on my crochet site to share with the ladies there...

Molly

Started the Basic Crochet Sock last night. :yes

This is by far the most expensive wool i have ever used.

But it is so soft the hook just glides through. Not use to that. :cheer

Anyway have just finished the toe and into the rounds now.

Must peg out washing and go to work. :angry

I just want to finish my sock. :cheer

DSCF0003-1.jpg

Love the color you selected LaVonne... I just started the same pattern I think Stepping stones...I am still working on my pattern for the flip flop socks also... I finished 2 pairs of socks and sent them to my girl friend that had surgery 4 weeks ago and spent the last 2 weeks plus in the hospital.. I asked her what I could do for her and she said just send me a pair of the socks you are making... Here are the ones I sent her..

fb22f677afb8__1239798348000.jpeg

336c01994669__1239799247000.jpeg

Thanks Donna for the easy sock blockers... I am going to post this site on my crochet site to share with the ladies there...

Molly

Wow, they are lovely :yes. I am just hoping that mine will resemble a sock, :lol. Two packages to mail tomorrow and then I can concentrate on my socks :yay.

Leeeo, I think the pastel blend is sooooo pretty!!!!

Yippee my yarn has arrived. And it is soooooooooooooooooo much prettier than on the site. I can't wait to get started. I got Cascade Fixation in wjite, purple, teal and a pale multi, and a splurge of opal cotton just for me. the others will be for gifts.

Yippee my yarn has arrived. And it is soooooooooooooooooo much prettier than on the site. I can't wait to get started. I got Cascade Fixation in wjite, purple, teal and a pale multi, and a splurge of opal cotton just for me. the others will be for gifts.

That is what I used was the fixation yarn and it works up really well.... I am using the fusha fixation to make my thong or flip flop socks ... Now if I can remember how I did the first one when I get ready to make the second one I will be doing good... I should write the pattern as I go... I will for the second one... I love the way the purple varigated swriled around the sock ... I may just have to order some more yarn so I can make me a pair now...Can't wait to see what patterns everyone decided one....then see their finished products... Hugs, Molly

Started the Basic Crochet Sock last night. :yes

This is by far the most expensive wool i have ever used.

But it is so soft the hook just glides through. Not use to that. :cheer

Anyway have just finished the toe and into the rounds now.

Must peg out washing and go to work. :angry

I just want to finish my sock. :cheer

DSCF0003-1.jpg

I just love how that yarn is working up! When I get the extra money saved I am ordering some more yarn.

• Donna changed the title to Sponsored: April 2009 Sock CAL
  • Donna locked this topic

Archived