Blue Garter Stitch Teddy Bear

Mom w/a Motif

I finished this bear last night. Finished the I-cord neck tie this morning. I have crocheted lots of bears, but this is my very first knitted bear. I wasn't sure how it would turn out (used two strands WW held together, and I thought it was going to be too stiff..). But it turned out pretty cute, I think. I used a pattern in an old Family Circle Easy Knitting magazine I have (Fall '98 issue). Meet "Scribbles":

th_001-67.jpg

I wanted to keep him for myself, but I had to give him to my son (who I was making him for.) :( He couldn't think of a good name, so I went to a site of 'teddy bear names', and read off all the names (well all the ones that were cute). He picked out Scribbles, or Cinnamon. I thought Scribbles was better for him. Cinnamon is more for a brown or red bear. I was thinking 'Bluebeary' but.... I'm a girl. So. :P Thanks for looking. I foresee lots more knitted bears in the future for me... :knit Oh, and his leg isn't wonky on the left side, I think it got squished that way when I put him on the couch to take his picture. :P

Tina

• 2 weeks later...

Archived