REVISED! Best Ever Booties (now simpler)

I've started making these for charity and discovered they needed a little change! So, I revised these booties for three reasons:

1. the sole ridge was hard for many beginners to do, so I left it as optional.

2. I felt the foot opening was too wide, so I made it smaller.

3. I designed a cute cuff that works for boys or girls.

If you need to see a picture, look for the original thread titled "best ever booties". sorry there is no picture here as I am blind!

BEST EVER BOOTIES

Size: 3 inches long.

Materials: Sport weight yarn, 2 oz; F crochet hook; yarn needle; 1 yd 1/4-

inch ribbon.

Back Post Sc (bpsc): Insert hook from back to front to back around

st indicated, yo and draw up a lp (2 lps on hook), yo and pull

through all 2 lps on hook.

Front Post Double Crochet (fpdc) Yo, insert hook from front to back to front around vertical post of nt dc, yo and pull yarn through (3 loops on hook), (yo, pull through 2 loops on hook) twice.

Starting at sole, ch 14.

Rnd 1: 2 Dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in nt 9 chs, 7 dc in last ch;

working down opposite side of ch, dc in nt 9 chs, 2 dc in last ch,

join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 30.

Rnd 2: ch 1, sc in joining, 2 sc in nt 2 dc, sc in nt dc, hdc in nt

4 dc, dc in nt 4 dc, 2 dc in nt 7 dc, dc in nt 4 dc, hdc in nt 4

hdc, sc in nt dc, 2 sc in last 2 dc, join with sl st in first sc:

Optional Sole Ridge: (If you wish to skip this rnd, move on to Rnd 3. If you work this ridge, do not work next rnd in back lps, but in both lps.) Ch 1, bpsc in each st around, join.

Rnd 3: ch 3, working in back lps only, dc in each sc around, join.

Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in joining and in nt 13 sts, (dc nt 2 sts together)

7 times, sc in last 13 sc, join: 34.

Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in joining and in nt 11 sc, (dc nt 2 sts together)

twice, dc nt 3 sts together, (dc nt 2 sts together) twice, sc in

last 11 sc, join: 28.

Rnd 6: Ch 1, sc in joining and in nt 9 sc, (dc nt 2 sts together) twice, dc in nt dc, (dc nt 2 sts together) twice, sc in

last 9 sc, join: 24 sts.

Rnd 7: (eyelet rnd) Ch 4, (sk nt st, dc in nt st, ch 1) around,

join with sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch4.

Cuff:

Rnd 1: Ch1 loosely, fpdc around joining ch3, hdc in nt ch1 sp, (fpdc around nt dc, hdc in ch1 sp) around, join with sl st in fpdc.

Rnds 2 & 3: Ch1 loosely, fpdc around beg fpdc, hdc in nt hdc, (fpdc around fpdc, hdc in nt hdc) around, join. At end of last rnd, fasten off and weave in ends.

Ties: (optional) Ch 70. Fasten off and weave in ends. Weave tie through eyelet

rnd and tie in bow at center front.

Note: Jolena added pictures in post 14. A big thanks to her!

• 3 weeks later...

Brenda, I loved the first pattern, I found it very easy. I am making a layette right now and will give this pattern a try for the booties. I will post a pic when I am done. Thanks again for the pattern.

I have recently made a dozen of these and they have turned out very cute. I have done the cuff pattern for the boys and a lacy top for girls. I am making them for charity along with some baby blankets. They sure don't take much yarn!

• 4 weeks later...

I love your original best ever baby booties so much I am going to try this one. Your pattern is the only pattern I have ever been able to do all other baby booties patterns are too difficult. Thanks for sharing this pattern!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope that someone will post a picture. I would, but I am blind! On the original pattern there were back post single crochets to make and that stumped a lot of people. It gives a nice sole ridge, but it isn't needed. I love these booties. I put some in a charity craft fair and they all sold.

I have several pair of booties laying around for quick baby gifts. I always use Brenda's revisied pattern. It is so easy and looks great! You can also embellish them if you would want to. I doubt that I will ever use another pattern. Thank you so much Brenda for sharing your talents with us. Here are some pictures of booties made using Brenda's pattern.

post-40359-135897749107_thumb.jpg

post-40359-135897749113_thumb.jpg

post-40359-135897749117_thumb.jpg

post-40359-13589774912_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you Jolena for posting your pictures. Also thanks Mray25 for your sweeet comment. this is a comination of a pattern and lots of my own experience. I am pleased to know that you like it!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh boy wish I had logged on last week and show this. This booty pattern is so much easier than the one I just completed. The pattern I was working one I had to end up altering the pattern because I just could not get the ending part.

Thanks Brenda

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived