Telescopic Crown Winter Hat

woomba

My dh wanted me to create this for him and he named it for me lol. He had me frogging, trying it on, frogging, over and over :thairI think it turned out pretty well, only had to frog half a dozen times :rofl Important thing is its exactly what he wanted and he loves it! I just hope a :kangaroodoesn't steal it from him on his walks :lol

Idowinterhat.jpg

Cheers

:cowboy:kangaroo:laughroll:roflHahaha I still see it....but maybe there's a kangaroo hopping around trying to catch that hat! I reorganized my photobucket albums and that may have something to do with it.

Idowinterhat.jpg

I got it back lol

:cowboy:kangaroo:laughroll:roflHahaha I still see it....but maybe there's a kangaroo hopping around trying to catch that hat! I reorganized my photobucket albums and that may have something to do with it.

Idowinterhat.jpg

I got it back lol

It's great! I really like it. Gives a guy a really distinguished look.

That is such a neat hat! I've yet to see a pattern for something like this. You should try writing it out. Although, with all the frogging you did, it may be difficult to remember what exactly you did! :lol Your hubby is lucky to have such a patient wife! I don't know if I could rip out and rework as many times as you did! :eek

• 2 weeks later...
That is such a neat hat! I've yet to see a pattern for something like this. You should try writing it out.

Great hat!!!!:clap Did you just wing it , or use a pattern?Would be very interested in making one for my dad, hubby , son , friends etc etc etc , lol.

Where in Oz are you? I am in the Nnsw area , :rainbow region.

Thank you all for your nice comments. Actually I'm not good at all at writing patterns. I wing most of my stuff.:think I have a several favorite beanies (my own) that I like... some with a defined crown and others without and then I just add a brim. I start the brim with the next increase after my last increase in the crown, then sc as many rows I want for my brim and increase as little as I need to make my brims look the way I want too. Some are with a slight roll to give the effect of DH's hat, some are floppy, some with a lace-type effect, such as my fall, autumn, and spring hats in other threads. I usually use two to three yarns (I love mixing different yarns together, mohair, angel, acrylic, cotton, wool, sock types, whatever goes well together. I also use bulky alone or sometimes with angel. I particularly like making hats and sometimes scarves to fit the person's personality or personal specs.:yay:hook

Jjenjen...I'm in Toowoomba, QLD.

Cheers

Archived