Comfortghan for teenage victims of assault

DoubleTreble

Hey all,

I have a friend whose two daughters ages 13 and 16 were among 4 (known at this time) girls sexually assaulted by a male student on school grounds. The student has been removed from the school. The families are now in the process of deciding what to do as far as pressing charges. (girls are not sure they want to face the boy and talk about what he did to them) It is a difficult situation all the way around. So I was wondering, would there be an interest in doing comfortghans for atleast the 2, preferably all 4, of the girls? Having been a victim of molestation myself as a child, I know if people knew what had happened I would have needed ALOT of comfort. Having to face the offender and tell a room full of people what happened would have devistated me.

If you are willing to help, I would like to have 40 8" squares for each blanket.

#1 black and purple

#2 greens and blues

the other two, if there is enough interest, could be of various colors.

Please post here and PM me if you would like to help and I will send my address.

Thanks all

I would love to help you and have some lilac yarn that is waiting to be used. I believe I have some blue also.

Thank you for taking this on :hug

I will send you a PM for your addy

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to all who have been sending sqares for this project. They are beautiful and will go together nicely. :cheer Go team! :cheer

If you're just picking up on this now, I could still use some help. There's still time to join the team :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you'd be kind enough to PM me your address I have two purple/black and two blue/green squares ready. What colors were you going to use for the other two girls? Thank you, Andrea :crocheting

Archived