Disappointed in Hobby Lobby

dottie

They are not really a coupon friendly store as I went into the store in Flint, Mi yesterday and they would only take one of their coupons and would not let you use another one in another line, they also don't take Michaels or Jo-anns, they should not be so picky as there are Jo-anns and Michaels really close by. Just venting.

Bummer. It must really vary from store to store. The Hobby Lobby by us will let you use as many coupons as you have people with you. in the same order...gets around their corporate policy "one per person per day". (they know that you'll bring in extra people anyway, and ringing them up at once is faster) Another one I went to, we had to split it up into separate purchases...either way. I don't think they take competitor coupons here either though. probably a corporate thing.

I used to work at Hobby Lobby a long time ago. We were not allowed to take more than one coupon per person per day, but I always did anyway. I always rang it up seperately. I knew the person would just come back later or send someone else in so to save them the trouble I just did it. The store I worked in did not honnor Joanns or Michels coupons either. Hobby Lobby always has 40% and 50% sales so if you just wait a week or so the item you want will go on sale.

They actually track the number of coupons used in a day. Mostly to see which are used, online ones or newspaper ones. However, cashiers have to account for all their coupons at the end of a shift, just like a grocery store. Alot of them don't pay attention to you if you go out and come back and stand in another line though. They are told from day one that only one coupon per day per purchase. It does say that on the coupon. At Hobby Lobby we don't take other stores coupons but then most of our prices are lower without the coupon then theirs are regularly.

Archived