Surprise! It's a yarn swift!!!!

missmaxx

Hi,

Hubby came in from his woodshop with a gift for me! :manyheart

Last month I bought a Blue Royal yarn winder from JoAnn's. (I had a 50% off coupon) :D

I was shopping around for a swift and before I found one I liked that I could afford.....

He found the directions online at http://www.instructables.com/id/SewUseful%3a-Portable-Tabletop-Yarn-Swift-for-windi/

It works great!

th_DSCN0010-5.jpg

Thank you Hubby! :hug:manyheart:hug

I don't mean to sound stupid but...what is a yarn swift? What do you do with it? :think

Not stupid deb.... when you buy yarn in a hank - (not in a pull skein) - or for some other reasons - like winding a ball of two or more strands or types of yarn together - I use a yarn winder and the yarn swift holds the hank and spins while I turn the handle on the winder. It really helps avoid knots while winding and turns the whole operation into a one person job. Otherwise I'd need someone to hold it while I wind it. Come to think of it- he was probably tired of holding the yarn! :lol

Next time I use it I'll try to remember to get a picture.

Happy winding and crocheting,

OOOOOOOOOOOOH I need one of those. I have 24 skeins of rug yarn, I need to wind them up but they are a pain to do. Hmmmmmm, wonder if I could get my son to make this for me, hmmmmmmm ty for the link!!!

• 4 months later...

thank you so much to posting this...i have wanted one of these for a long time but just would not spend the money...i got dh to take a look and he is going to make me one. i am so excited .:clap:hug:manyheart:yay

Archived