Cozy Cap Challenge...

teakaycee

post-18634-135897411527_thumb.jpg

Yep... its me again with another charity challenge.

This particular challenge is in honor of my daddy! While he spent his last 8 months of his life in a hospital room... he made stocking caps for anyone he could. He made them for the nurses... for the patients... and even a few for his family!

Well.. his very last few months right before his last surgery... were in a lovely Rehab facility .... Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital! That was the most wonderful place. He was doing so well... there was sight of a future of him home with us again. They loved him... they were there whenever he needed... or even didnt need them. He made friends with the staff and patients there. Able to sit out in a common area and visit... have meals... play on a computer so that he could email family and friends and get back in touch with so many he hadnt seen or spoke to since being in the hospital. That place gave my children the best 'last' memories of their grandpa. He would play a bit of racing down the hall to the cafeteria with them in his wheel chair. He was able to visit.. hug... and have wonderful dinners with us. We snuck grandpa outside a couple times to walk around the grounds. (okay... so he was totally aloud to do that... but the younger ones didnt know ... so it was fun watching them sneak grandpa out)

So let me get on with my challenge. I want to pick up where my daddy left off and make stocking caps for the patients at Madonna. There are so many of them there that would love that little bit of extra warmth. There are so many different types of recovering going on. Some have different medications or treatments they are dealing with while there that they become chilled.

Okay.. get ready... here is my challenge....

Small goal.... 250 caps

Big goal.......500 caps.

I'm asking for any size... any color... any style.... any yarn.... knitted or crocheted... and even fabric ones!

Delivery of caps ..... Christmas of this year.

So please... if you are willing to help put a Cozy Cap on a toddler... teenager... adult or a sweet elderly person.. I THANK YOU!!!:hug

post-18634-135897411532_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I will help out. I am on a "medical leave" right now and in a cast, but as soon as it comes off I will make some hats for you. I will commit to 5 and if possible will do more.

Will keep an eye on the post and get in touch for an address when ready to send.

Your Dad sounds like he was a wonderful man.

Yes, I will help out. I am on a "medical leave" right now and in a cast, but as soon as it comes off I will make some hats for you. I will commit to 5 and if possible will do more.

Will keep an eye on the post and get in touch for an address when ready to send.

Your Dad sounds like he was a wonderful man.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! :hug

Oh... dont even get me started on my daddy... he was a one of a kind man! I would take up all the bandwidth for crochetville taking about what a wonderful..loving .. giving man he was!

Thank you again for wanting to help. Do take care and heal quickly and painlessly!!!

Tam,

I'll be glad to help you. I made my first hat a few months ago and it was so much fun I started making them and giving them away. I still have seven of them and they are yours, plus I will make you some more since I enjoy making them a they don't take a lot of yarn or a lot of time.

Tam,

I'll be glad to help you. I made my first hat a few months ago and it was so much fun I started making them and giving them away. I still have seven of them and they are yours, plus I will make you some more since I enjoy making them a they don't take a lot of yarn or a lot of time.

:eek Oh Pat........... you're an ANGEL! Thank you so much... :hug

This is going to be awesome.. I just know it is!!! :ty

I love making hats too... they go quickly.. and they are great scrap busters.

Tam, I'm in not only because it's for you, but because of the story about your daddy! I'll try to get some done to mail with the RR I'm making you.

Joyce

Tam

I am moved by your story of your father, of course I will help out. I have lots of yarn and lots of time so that only equals hats for your large goal. :hug

I'll make some hats for you as well. I enjoy making hats, and have a lot of patterns that I'd like to try out.

Thank you so much... oh how I appreciate this!!!:manyheart

You know I will help if I can. I want to try my hand at knitting a cap but not to sure if I could do such a thing. I do have a pattern using jiffy thick & quick. And since I now know how to switch between k & p I will try it just for you!
And I'll prolly wait to mail till I get a rr done for you... if I ever get the ILTY I want to use for it. :lol

You are a sweetheart Jessica! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I know how you dont care for those round ripples .. and you make one for 'my kids' anyway.. and now a cap. :hug

I can do a few of them, let me know where to send them too....

Thank you so much!!!!!! :manyheart

Tam, I'm in not only because it's for you, but because of the story about your daddy! I'll try to get some done to mail with the RR I'm making you.

Joyce

Huge Hugs to you Joyce... you are an blessing to me! Thank you so much for helping me!! With both the prayer blankets and now caps... :hug:manyheart

Tam

I am moved by your story of your father, of course I will help out. I have lots of yarn and lots of time so that only equals hats for your large goal. :hug

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! Oh.. this is going to be one grand Christmas at the Center!!! :yay What a blessing you are.. thank you!

What a beautiful story!! Please count me in!! I've been trying to "destash" my "stash". I am currently knitting some preemie hats for our local hospital. And I just gave my friend two grocery bags full of knitted/crocheted hats for our St. Vincent de Paul Society. Am looking forward to this challenge!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

What a beautiful story!! Please count me in!! I've been trying to "destash" my "stash". I am currently knitting some preemie hats for our local hospital. And I just gave my friend two grocery bags full of knitted/crocheted hats for our St. Vincent de Paul Society. Am looking forward to this challenge!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

:hug:manyheart:hug Thank you .. Thank you .. Thank you!

Oh.. this is wonderful! God Bless you my dear dear friend... for all you do for charity and for helping me!

I decided that if I do make a rr before I mail out hats it would prolly be in red & black in honor of my oldest. :D And I'd be using Aggie Maes pattern.

And I will see if my mom wants to make a hat or so while she is recovering from whatever she got last week. she makes nice ones.

I decided that if I do make a rr before I mail out hats it would prolly be in red & black in honor of my oldest. :D And I'd be using Aggie Maes pattern.

And I will see if my mom wants to make a hat or so while she is recovering from whatever she got last week. she makes nice ones.

Oh Jessica.......:hug:manyheart:hug Thank you so much!!!:hug:manyheart:hug

• 3 weeks later...
Tam,

PM me your address so I can send the seven out to you that are already done.

:faint........... Oh.. hon.......... THANK YOU so much!

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:hug:hug:hug

It is going to take a bit longer then I planned. My back is all screwed up. Hopefully I can get something done before the summer is over.

:hug:manyheart:hug

No worries my dear... take your time... I just need them by first week of December!

I'm sorry to hear about your back... my goodness! Take care hon! Dont over due it ... please!

I have finally finished a hat for you. I will be doing more before I send them though.

:hug awwww.... thank you hon!!! I really appreciate your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Pat..............Thank you :ty Thank you!

the caps came today and I LOVE them. They are perfect! :hug

Thank you so much for helping me! I hope you know how much I appreciate this!!! This project means so much to me! I want so badly to be able to reach my goal and share the love of these caps that my daddy started.

Archived