Baby Blanket Poem

You are just so amazing !!!!

I so look foward to reading your poems and today am running late for work because I had to see what you recently posted !!! :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing us to use your God given talent and share it with others. Your words will be passed around the world. :hug

You are so very welcome. BTW the saying in your siggy line is so cute and true, May I use it in an email I am sending to a relative in CA?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OF COURSE !!!!! I got it from somewhere - definitely use and pass it around. It really is cute and gets right to the point. :lol

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have enjoyed the sister thread to this and I am planning to use a couple.

I am looking for something a little bit specific and wondering if anyone here has stumbled upon anything like it.

My skills are just above beginner, and there are occasionally errors in the stitching.

Is there any prose out there mentioning the beauty of imperfections?

Help is appreciated, thanks

Andrea

A babe is a diamond in the rough,

waiting just to shine.

This home made blanket is warm and tough,

and stands the test of time.

Both should be loved, played with and washed

And soon you will see...

Why this soft "Double Diamond' was made for you,

with caring hands, from me...

Love it!!! :clap:clap:clap

Love this thread with your poems happyoldcroc and all the talk that comes from them. I will be back to keep reading and loving it. thanks for the poems

I love :manyheart this. Could I use it for the blanket I'm making :hook for my grand-baby-to-be? This would be so perfect. :c9

How would something like this be?

Winds may blow and chills may bite.

But baby is warm and snuggled tight.

A homemade blanket for an infant dear.

Keeping baby cozy from year to year.

Each stitch a kiss, each row a song.

saying "Welcome home, where you belong."

From my hands, to your heart

With you in mind, from the very start...

Ditto

An old friend of mine called me a word stitcher. She said I put together words like most people sew, knit and crochet. :lol I have been jotting down things since I was 12, and make my own cards, etc...

I believe that words paint pictures in your mind, and make memories that last forever.:yes

Thanks or bringing this thread back to the top! Carol is quite an artist with both yarn & words! I'll have to remember to include one of these little bits of prose next time I give a baby afghan! Nice work Carol!

I love :manyheart this. Could I use it for the blanket I'm making :hook for my grand-baby-to-be? This would be so perfect. :c9

That is what this thread is for, :). So we can all use the poems, prose, etc...I would like to see other people post some of their own literature.

Store bought cards are nice, but when we can apply more applicable poems to our hand made goodies, it will really be memorable to the receivers of our creations.

Archived