Baby Blanket Poem

Carol,

I cant even remember the last time I posted, But I NEED to tell you how gifted I think you are with the poetry that's right on point! What a gift you have. If I ever need a ditty, I'm glad there's you to turn to.

Kathleen

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone should start a thread of blanket poems for all of us to use.

I have been discussing this with Amy. The only thing is it would have to be all original poetry, to avoid copyright infringements. Anyone could add their own poem or prose. I am waiting for Amy to give me suggestions on the best place to post it. I think we would need to confine the chit-chat to this thread and just use the other (not created yet) strictly for original work. And it wouldn't be confined to just blankie's, they could be for all crochet/knit work.

How does this sound to everyone?

Additionally, here are two I created for another person...

For Happy occasions:

Time to celebrate your day, time for sharing in a special way.

This homemade gift is for all to see, just how much you mean to me.

A gift of caring, joy and more, is one not found in any store.

From my hands I give to you, a gift of love and friendship true.

For prayer and healing:

In this gift may you find, Strength to leave your fears behind.

Comfort to know that others care, and wisdom in the words they share.

This handmade gift stitched for you, holds a prayer of faith so true.

May angel wings from up above, Touch your heart with healing love.

May their songs soothe your sorrow, and help you see a better tomorrow...

Reading thru this thread has really touched me. I just love your poems! They are so great. My husband and I have been going thru rough times and I just wanted to cry when I read the 2nd poem in your last post. I wish I would've had it to attach to the prayer shawl I made for my sis a coupla months ago! You are so talented! Thank you for agreeing to share this talent with us!

Karla:hug

You are so very welcome Karla. It is the least I can do for my friends in Crochetville.

A thankyou to those who have supported me through tough times, and put up with me on the days I feel cranky. Perhaps I am a little selfish too, just knowing that something I created will live on and keep giving, even when I am gone.

Take care, :hug

I am going to have to go through this thread again and make sure I haven't missed a poem - we need that new thread fast :lol

I wonder if you could give a name that could be attached to them, doesn't have to be your real name or full name. Just that if I use your poems with a crochet gift, I would like to add Original poetry composed by.... or something similar.

Thank you :manyheart

I am going to have to go through this thread again and make sure I haven't missed a poem - we need that new thread fast :lol

I wonder if you could give a name that could be attached to them, doesn't have to be your real name or full name. Just that if I use your poems with a crochet gift, I would like to add Original poetry composed by.... or something similar.

Hmmmm....have to think on that, you mean like a pen name? Never really thought about it.

A babe is a diamond in the rough,

waiting just to shine.

This home made blanket is warm and tough,

and stands the test of time.

Both should be loved, played with and washed

And soon you will see...

Why this soft "Double Diamond' was made for you,

with caring hands, from me...

WONDERFUL ... you better watch out ... you may have a new career! You incorporated everything in that ... absolutely WONDERFUL :cheer:manyheart

Snugly wrapped and rockabyed,

This blanket hears your baby’s sighs

It’s warm embrace, soft comfort brings

And gives your baby sweet sweet dreams.

Every stitch was made with love

to cover your baby with homemade hugs.

I did this one for a baby quilt, but I think it works well for afghans too!

What a great gift you have of putting words to paper so wonderfully! And how very nice of you to share them with all of us. The idea of a new thread that would include all original poems would be such a help to those of us who are not as talented in creating beautiful poems to go with our crocheted gifts.

Snugly wrapped and rockabyed,

This blanket hears your baby’s sighs

It’s warm embrace, soft comfort brings

And gives your baby sweet sweet dreams.

Every stitch was made with love

to cover your baby with homemade hugs.

I did this one for a baby quilt, but I think it works well for afghans too!

Very nice...

This is why we want to start a thread for prose and poetry for handmade gifts...

Thank you for your contribution...:manyheart

What a great gift you have of putting words to paper so wonderfully! And how very nice of you to share them with all of us. The idea of a new thread that would include all original poems would be such a help to those of us who are not as talented in creating beautiful poems to go with our crocheted gifts.

An old friend of mine called me a word stitcher. She said I put together words like most people sew, knit and crochet. :lol I have been jotting down things since I was 12, and make my own cards, etc...

I believe that words paint pictures in your mind, and make memories that last forever.:yes

I think that sounds just about right- "word stitcher" is perfect!:yes

I agree, I always think of both knitting and crocheting as creating fabric out of thin air and I can just see you pulling words out of the air and stitching and turning and creating a beautiful pattern for others to enjoy.

Hmmmm....have to think on that, you mean like a pen name? Never really thought about it.

An old friend of mine called me a word stitcher. She said I put together words like most people sew, knit and crochet. :lol I have been jotting down things since I was 12, and make my own cards, etc...

I believe that words paint pictures in your mind, and make memories that last forever.:yes

I think that sounds just about right- "word stitcher" is perfect!:yes

There you go. There is your pen name. Original poetry composed by Word Stitcher or The Word Stitcher

I don't feel I need thanks or recognition. The thanks goes to all of you for your dedication to making things to comfort and help others. I am just happy to share and feel useful. I appreciate all the compliments, but hard to believe I deserve it. I know there are folks in the ville who are just as good if not better, and should have a place to put their worded creations down too. And if the words can accompany some of the lovely work I have seen on here created in crochet/material/knitting, so much the better. It is so much a part of these arts when included with the gifts. Please enjoy them all, and if you choose to include an author, do so freely, but it is not required.

By the way I do like your choice of pen names, 'The Word Stitcher' sounds so official :lol. I will have to use that on the back of my cards...

Oh well, enough of this, I do have some crocheting to do :hook

:hug :hug :hug

I have been receiving emails and pm's from folks asking me to write poems for items they are making or have made to give as gifts. I tell them the poem will be posted here for all to use, so if it mentions a specific name or title for the item, you can change a few words and still use it for your projects.

This is one I wrote this AM for some potholders.

BAA TO YOU

Time to cook and food is brewing

Baking, frying and sometimes stewing.

When pans are hot and hands could burn

To these sheep I hope you'll turn.

While the smell of cooking lingers,

They'll protect your tender fingers.

Their wool is thick, so nothing harms you,

These hand made sheep are sure to charm you.

Always ready from the start,

May they softly "BAA" into your heart.

I really like your "diamond" poem. I like the fact it stresses the balnket is to be used & not put away "because it's too pretty to use". I'm not good w/ words. could you alter it a little so it would be for any pattern?

I really like your "diamond" poem. I like the fact it stresses the balnket is to be used & not put away "because it's too pretty to use". I'm not good w/ words. could you alter it a little so it would be for any pattern?

Would this work for you?

Yarn is a diamond in the rough,

waiting just to shine.

It should be used, played with and washed

And soon you will see...

Why this Blanket was made for you,

Thank you,

Would this work for you?

Yarn is a diamond in the rough,

waiting just to shine.

It should be used, played with and washed

And soon you will see...

Why this Blanket was made for you,

Thank you,

Yes, that will work wonderfully! thank you so much!

Here is one I came across that I wrote back in Dec. for some dish cloths someone made.

Cleaning dishes is what I do,

Making them sparkle just for you.

I'll hang around until you are ready,

and won't wear thin and get all thready.

So when dishes pile and you are weary,

Get the suds and use me deary!!!

You are just so amazing !!!!

I so look foward to reading your poems and today am running late for work because I had to see what you recently posted !!! :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing us to use your God given talent and share it with others. Your words will be passed around the world. :hug

Archived