3 Knit Dish Cloths- New dishcloths added (post 13 and 20)

CroJulee

The elk dishcloth is supposed to be purple but I have a hard time getting the coloring right while still showing decent stitch detail.

The paw print dishcloth is in Rose Pink (even though it looks peach-ish). I gave that one to my mom. She LOVES dogs.

The #1 Sis dish cloth is for my sister and I forget what color I used (sometime of fleck).

I really had fun knitting these. I still have plans for a couple more too. A horses head, a 2 piece bathing suit dish cloth for my little sister (it's actually kinda cute), and a DIVA cloth.

Thanks for looking!!

Julee

Elk Dish Cloth:

elk-moose.jpg

Paw Print Dish Cloth:

paw.jpg

#1 Sis Dish Cloth:

1sisa.jpg1sisc.jpg

I forgot to add the links. I just put them here so they're easier to find.

Elk Head:

http://www.knittingknonsense.com/moosecloth/html

Paw Print Cloth:

http://www.knittingknonsense.com/pawprintcloth.html

#1 Sis Cloth (pattern cost $1.00 but it was well worth it for me though):

http://knitalittlestore.blogspot.com/2008/05/1-sis.html

Those are really neat looking dishcloths!! I too like to knit my dishcloths!! I also knitted some dishcloths with the letters of the alphabet. Plus, I made my dh a #1 dishcloth (he's my #1), for whenever he washes the dishes!! :lol

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!! Made 2 more dish cloths today. I'll have to take pics of them tomorrow. They are super cute (one of them is for my other sister- it's a smiley face dish cloth).

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Julee

Here are some more knit dish cloths. I've been getting 2 dish cloths done a day lately (on most days at least).

There's an another elk head, a smiley face one, a horse head and then the earthy looking one is just kinda a mistake rib pattern. If anyone wants the pattern for that one just pm me and I'll get it to you.

Thanks for looking!!

Julee

Oh yeah, Right now I'm working on a butterfly dishcloth (for my mom) and tomorrow I'm gonna work on a "1" dish cloth and a dog house dish cloth (for my mom).

elkhead.jpgearthy.jpgearthystpat.jpgsmiley.jpghorsedishcloth.jpg

Julee those are awesome! I just started doing knit ones with designs on them, I used to only do regular square ones!! Yours are great inspiration!

I'm glad that I'm an inspiration to you. The Elk Head one though was the first time I'd ever done a dish cloth like that (with a picture in it). They are soooo much fun though!! I really enjoy them. I'm gonna try some alpha-dishcloths next. I'm gonna knit an A- for my sister Amy, an L- for my sister Libby, a C- for my mom Connie, and a couple other letters that I can't disclose right now cause they're for a special project :D.

Thanks for your compliment!!

Julee

Here are 3 dishcloths. Made 2 today and the blue/white striped one yesterday!!

butterfly.jpgbluejean.jpg

insideout.jpg

The blue dishcloth above is my own design and was knitted with 5 dpns (1 dpn for each side+ 1 to do the knitting with) and is worked from the inside to the outside. It actually works up really fast. I'm almost done with my 3rd cloth today thanks to that pattern.

Thanks for looking!!

Julee

those are really great! I just did my first knit dishcloth with a picture on it about 2 weeks ago myself, it had an owl on it!! It was really fun, but gal you can really turn out some work!!! Hope you are busting your stash!!! heeehee

Thanks!!

I remember seeing that dishcloth!! It turned out great. SOOO CUTE!!!

Hey, I was gonna ask you. When you knit a dishcloth do you usually crochet a border around it or just finish it off without a border?

Ya know, you would think I've busted alot of stash but I can get 1.5 dish cloths out of one skein so I always have to figure out a way to use up the other little bit of a skein. Drives me looney.

Julee

I left a comment on your blog, but I will comment here, too. :D Great job on all of them. :clap I just recently made a (round) 'Pi' dishcloth on dpns, is that what the white and yellow one was done with? I like the music note one, is that an online pattern? I should make one for our oldest son, he plays piano & guitar, and it is his job to do dishes after dinner. :hook Oops I should say :knit:P Never mind, I found the pattern. (I couldn't get onto knitting pattern central all day for some reason...)

Depending on how much of a skein you have left, Julee~~ Have you ever tried a spiral scrubby? They are so much fun to make, and are still in the dishwashing category. I like to make them along with dishcloths for gift sets.

Tina

Archived