My sister's work....It's amazing

I Create

This is kind of sad in a way, but I'm proud of my sister who is nearly blind and in a wheelchair. She is a very talented lady and extremely intelligent to boot!

She is making these little baby dresses and hats for preemies who don't survive, for burial. She is going to donate them to hospitals. She makes up the patterns as she goes and she has bought all kinds of special trims, lace, buttons etc for them that her DIL helps her sew on them. She also bought tiny doll socks for each set and blank cards with crosses on them that she writes a simple sympathy note in. She bought white gift boxes and put them in tissue paper in those.

These are all baby girl dresses but she also makes them in gowns for baby boys putting little blue trims on them. She will be happy to help anyone who is interested with her own patterns. She doesn't have it written down but she can get someone to help her write down the pattern if you see one you are interested in.

Feb2009TNtrip023.jpg

Feb2009TNtrip019.jpg

Feb2009TNtrip017.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So lovely and so loving. I would bet that she gets so much more from her giving than we can imagine. :ghug

Anyone who does this ministry is truly an angel in my books.

Please tell your sister her work is amazing, indeed. It truly means so much to the families who receive these gowns, but I suspect the greatest gift is to your sister herself, the feeling of being able to help others no matter your own limitations.

Your sister is such a remarkable person!!! Such beauty in what she creates for such a sad time in people's lives - and putting her own problems aside. She is truly a Saint.

Archived