Looking for a good source for free Japanese amigurumi patterns

sideclef

Question

Hey everyone this is my 1st post here. I have actually been reading here for a little bit now trying to find some good source for free Japanese crocheted amigurumi patterns. I know it sounds a bit odd most are looking for translated patterns but I tend to like the shapes better in the Japanese ones, I like the visual of it too. So I was wondering if any of you have any good links to any? I have the most common ones but I am looking to find some new ones. Thanks.

10 answers to this question

I can translate most patterns in different languages(Japanese German and Spanish) so if any one needs help throw me a message.

Wow we need to hang onto you sideclef. :dance

I have seen some awesome patterns in German but what the heck are sticks. lol. Too bad I did not save them but I could not understand them.

Thing about that is the main stream Japanese books is they don't seem to have very many pattens in them. Or most I have found have the same shapes in them. I am really just looking for the shapes not the actual figures. The Japanese patterns that aren't in these main stream books seem to have alot of variations in the shapes.

I did find me some really good German and Spanish pattens today. I will have to try and translate them I guess.

Thanks for taking the time out to try and help out though. I appreciate it

crochet pattern central has a good list of free patterns for amigurumi...they are not japanese but still good patterns.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49729&highlight=amigurumi

this thread is a good one for amigurumi addicts (like me)

I can translate most patterns in different languages(Japanese German and Spanish) so if any one needs help throw me a message.

Just a general reminder to everyone about translations: remember to respect copyright laws when doing this. You wouldn't be able to send someone a copy of a copyrighted pattern to be translated, nor can you technically send a translation to someone, without having permission from the copyright holder. The translation is considered a derivative work of the pattern, and the designer gets to decide where/when/if they want to have translations distributed.

Archived