Help making letters?

Guest SevenMacs

Question

Guest SevenMacs

I would like to make a very simple scarf with school colors, with 4 letters across one end. I've never carried colors in crochet before, but I've been practicing today and I seem to have the hang of it EXCEPT for one major problem. What do you do when you get to the end of a row?? If I chain 1 and turn, then I'm working on the wrong side of the letters. All the instructions I've read say that you need to decide which is the "wrong side" and carry the yarn there, but nothing tells me how I do this specifically. Maybe I'm just not advanced enough to do this? :/

I hope my question makes sense to somebody.:thinking2 Can someone direct me to a helpful site, or give me a hint or two? TIA.

6 answers to this question

I haven't done letters before either but the wrong side of your work would have to be the back of your letters. Here's a tutorial from about.com on carrying colors. I found that by doing a Google search for: crochet carrying colors.

Guest SevenMacs

Thanks so much for answering me! I think I worked way too long trying to get this right yesterday! :eek2 Perhaps I missed something obvious. I'm going to go back over it, and carefully read the link you gave me Donna, and see if it doesn't make sense this time around now that my mind has cleared a little bit.

Thanks again! Wish me luck. :fc

Archived