Oldies but Goodies

mathwizard

I have been busy crocheting a head rest from a 1948 pattern. I made it smaller and had to adjust the sides and the number of pineapples. It called for size 30 but I substituted 10. I like the thicker thread for the head rest.

DSCF6326

The pattern came from a book belonging to my mother which is now mine and is dated 1948. Lots of interesting pineapple patterns and more. Thank you for the complements!:)

I like a #10 thread also...I use those big cones, when I make Tablecloths, so I only have to use two.(I hate using all those little balls, if I don't have to)

That is a really nice piece you have...I have a couple of Chair Back patterns in Pineapples, but that one is slightly different...

I got the pattern from "Pineapples On Parade" by J&P Coats, Book no.241. I was looking in another book and found another pineapple rest which I will add to my things to do list.:clap

I have the J&P Coats books # 230 Pineapple Designs & # 287 The Pick of the Pineapples...I got them at a Flea Market Type place, I do love pineapples! I was looking for a windmill design pattern, that an elderly neighbor had, had..I could kick myself now (15 years later) for not paying more attention to the name of the pattern, as I was helping her with some of the instructions.!

Sounds like a real lovely pattern. I went through my mother's books again and found a headrest which is fan like in pineapples. If I see a pineapple windmill I will let you know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived