Snood Alert Pattern rsvd 7/28 Accepted for calendar

Katchkan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job...I used to wear those all the time when my hair was also very long. However, when baby was born, I had it chopped off and sent to Locks of Love.

The snood is beautiful and I'd still like the pattern...incase I grow my hair out again.:clap

Hi Everyone, :hook Well on a whim I submitted my snood to the Crochet a day Calendar and it has been Accepted. :yay Makes me feel very proud. I know it is old hat to some of you but for me it is a FIRST I can't describe how I feel. :faint

Thanks for the encouragement.

Congratulations, Kathy!!!!!:clap:cheer:yay Finally, people will see the kind of work that you do! :D

• 1 month later...

This looks perfect for me! I've tried a few other snoods, but they're just not comfortable. My hair is past my waist and it tends to pull other snoods off my head. The headband on this one should help. I'm going to work on it today and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!!!!!:hug

Well, duh - I never saw this thread before, wish I'd seen it sooner! I have very long hair and in the summertime must keep it up if I don't want to sweat to death! This looks like it would be perfect! And since I keep my hair tied back all the time anyway (or it flies into a big frizzball), I can still wear it even if summer is over.

Thanks for sharing your pattern Kathy - and congrats on having it accepted for the calendar! :yay

• 11 months later...

I like this snood! I also have fine hair, but I like my hair long and I love wearing things like this, also something like this would work very nicely with my Renaissance Garb!

I attend a local Renaissance Faire once each fall (it runs about a month between mid Sept to mid Oct (http://www.norcalrenfaire.org) and your pattern would be quite popular there. One booth there, Ye Bag Wench (that is its actual name), sells knit and crochet items, and your snood would be perfect there. Thanks so much for posting the pattern, I have saved it.

• 1 month later...

I love this one! I have long hair, and there are days that I get headaches just from the weight of pontyails or the bun, and this would be great! Thank you soooo much!

• 2 years later...

I think it is Fantastic and very beautiful . Are they hard to make . I think my daughter would just love one.. have you ever done them in brighter colors? I think they would be very pretty in yellow or white or light pink,green or blue. great for the spring time.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Katchkan, that is really great! My daughter has really long and very thick hair and I think she would love this. I am going to make her one. She french braids her hair in the summer to get as much of it off her neck as possible. She is a nurse and this would work for her at work too I think. Smokey

• 8 years later...

this is a 13 year old post, the designer is Kathryn White.  This was not a free pattern (at the time), notice she mentioned it was accepted for the pattern-a-day calendar.  Here is a link to her online store http://www.crochetnbeads.com/.  I didn't find a snood there...

Edit, this might have been it - only snood I could find by her, and it's free!  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snood-3

Archived