Somebody stop her

I say :yes:yes:yes:yes:yes there is always more room for :yarn. But I have run out of room in the totes and now it is in bags See

th_P4022541.jpgth_P4022543.jpgth_P4022542.jpgth_P4022544.jpg

that is 9 of the biggest totes I can find full of yarn. And the boxes and binders on the floor are nothing but yarn patterns and she is out right now buying more yarn. Gonna see if I can convince her to send it to you guys instead :idea yeah:yesthat is what I am gonna do. It's either that or the kids have to move to the roof and hubby moves to the garage. :rofl

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep.. that is my mom too. She doesn't seem to get that yarn just doesn't magically store itself...And the good Lord help me if she finds a clearance sale. The last time she found one of those she bought every bit of yarn they had ...

Yup...my mom! She lives next door...she LOVES clearance. I go over to "borrow" a skein and end up with bags of extras! It's great to have her! And she loves that she can "borrow" at my house too! :hook

WoW! How LUCKY are you?!? I wish I had ANYBODY buying yarn for me! I shouldn't complain because my daughter does buy yarn for me every now and then......but your MOM sounds like a dream come true! Forget about your stashbusting score.....and get to work useing all that yarn up!:lol:hook.....BTW..... perhaps your dear MOM would be up for a visit to Morocco???? We have a lot of great yarn here! LOL! On a more serious note, I truly hope that your MOM is doing better and both you and she will be in my thoughts and prayers!

I have to get a bigger house. I'm now :help in :yarn!!!! The crazy silver haired old lady (aka the mom that I :manyheart and adore) has lost her mind. I now know why she is hurting. We no longer needs a doctors diagnosis. She WON'T stop shopping.:lol The crazy SHOL went out again today, supposedly to her weekly hair and nail appointment with my aunt (her sister) and about 10 hours later she comes back with two brand new 105 quart totes full of 147:eek skeins of yarn. I'm done. I give up. Even if I crocheted every minute of every day until Christmas of 2010 I couldn't use up all that yarn. :P So I give. I'm just gonna quit even trying to make her stop and :crocheting & :crocheting &:crocheting &:crocheting until I turn into :yarn & :hook myself. I can't even get the time any more to teach her how to crochet because she keeps shopping. And the bad thing is my birthday is in two weeks and she keeps saying :nahnah:nahnah:neener:neenerI've got more stuff for your birthday and you don't know what it is. I think the :yarn is a diversion and I love her for it, but goodness gracious. The post above shows my :yarn stash yesterday. 9 totes and 1 large bag. This is my :yarnstash today 11 totes and 1 large bag th_P4042557.jpgth_P4042558.jpg I don't even know what to do anymore so like the old saying goes "When you can't beat 'em just shut up and crochet until your fingers fall off" :rofl

Oh.. and if you guys think it is so great. Just wait. She has some of your addresses now and YOU ARE NEXT because I might have all that yarn but I saw what was left in her Yukon... and when I asked who it was for ... she said it was for her new adopted children .... mwahahahahah (evil scientist laugh) :rofl Leave notes on here about how great it is when your DH is threatening to move to the garage and you have to sleep with :yarn. Anyway, just figured I would let you know of the newest saga of the SHOL. If I hadn't spent 2 hours trying to configure all that yarn I would dump it all on the floor and get a picture of her sitting in the middle of it. LOL

Off to recalculate my mega negative stashbusting score

I know. I was looking up people in the RAOK lists, but I realized (surprisingly) that there are lots of people that don't have lists, or if they do most if not all there lists have been filled.

Not everyone has a list...I took mine down because I was already blessed with some stuff and I hadn't been sending anything. The ladies on SKY have a priority when I do:hook

I know. I was looking up people in the RAOK lists, but I realized (surprisingly) that there are lots of people that don't have lists, or if they do most if not all there lists have been filled.

If you want to RAOK someone that doesn't have a wish list, you can send me their C'Ville name and I will write to them and ask for their address.

I think I can speak for all members buy saying that even if their lists have been filled - everyone always welcomes more yarn!!!!

Oh how I bow down to your yarn stash!!:woo:nworthy:bow:bow:bow

You have the best stash since that picture of that other lady's stash!!!!!!

I have eleven totes. The garbage can and the two small ones don't count as they have scrap stuff in them and one big one is full of odds and ends in white.

Do you think she would send to canada?????????

I could find room for my hubby to sleep somewhere else!!!!

Teapot:c9:manyheart:hugP.s. I'll half to take a picture of my yarn stash and post it.

:lol I love, love, love your SHOL posts!!! They so make me :lol and good to see this type of joyous posts in today's world! You could both do RAOK's to all requests for yarn on the Ville and still have left overs :lol You are definitely blessed to have your mother and be so close to her.

My mom used to shop for me and my sisters like that. She would buy us and our kids stuff. She couldnt afford to do it to the extent that your mother does but she did all she could. She had a ton of yarn when she died. That was 12 years ago and I miss her so much. You are lucky to have your mom. Hold on to her for dear life.

This has been the best thread!

Donna you're Mom is a beautiful lady inside and out and I see where you get your generous loving nature :hug

My prayers for her healing. I know she will be well. Give her a :hug from a new friend and PM me with your address so I can send a square.

well how lucky are you to have a mom that loves to spoil you rotten?

i have been reading this thread off and on and am amazed at your mothers generosity!

if she is looking for some grandchildren to adopt let me know both my girls are seriously lacking in the grandparent department - just kidding lol

on a more serious note - i hope she is feeling better soon.

Archived