Somebody stop her

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*stares at the number of skeins lustfully* I have an even better solution for you which is closer. Send all the yarn to Kentucky. I will give it a wonderful loving home. The address is:

Attn Misty That Crazy Yarn Lady

Apt A Crocheting 'way

The Only time anyone ever bought me that much yarn we had found out we were having twins and told everyone we were registered at hobby lobby. *lol*

I keep saying if I go far enough into the negative that like in math it will eventually become positive again. So that is my goal to combine Fiber arts negative stashbusting score and math until I come up with a formula that will allow you to buy or receive all the yarn you want and still end up with a positive score. Those mathmaticians better watch out. I'm on a mission that is gonna break all the math rules, theorems, and proofs. :rofl

Let me help you out with a sample formula based on my yarn buying this week:

24 (# of skeins on hand)

11 (# of skeins bought)

_____

= 35

- 6 for WIP

-18 for WsIM

____

=11

- 10 for emergencies like natural disasters, e.g. snowed in after freak blizzard

____

1 = allowed variable

Quod erat demonstrandum

A mathematical genius, that's me.

Can I take a trip to meet your mom? And then kidnap her back to NY? I'll take very good care of her, promise!

In all seriousness I hope they find out whats causing all her pain and that she gets better. Maybe since we all love her so much we can all put squares in towards a comfort-ghan?

24 (# of skeins on hand)

11 (# of skeins bought)

_____

= 35

- 6 for WIP

-18 for WsIM

____

=11

- 10 for emergencies like natural disasters, e.g. snowed in after freak blizzard

____

1 = allowed variable

Quod erat demonstrandum

Sheer brilliance! I love it, and must show it to my Hubby as proof that yes, I really do need more yarn. :clap

24 (# of skeins on hand)

11 (# of skeins bought)

_____

= 35

- 6 for WIP

-18 for WsIM

____

=11

____

1 = allowed variable

Quod erat demonstrandum

You are most definitely a genius. I am going to have to remember this and come to you when I need by stashbusting score crochetmathmatized!!! :applause:h5

Can I take a trip to meet your mom? And then kidnap her back to NY? I'll take very good care of her, promise!

In all seriousness I hope they find out whats causing all her pain and that she gets better. Maybe since we all love her so much we can all put squares in towards a comfort-ghan?

I'm going to be starting an afghan for her soon with yarn that she bought me just for that purpose, but if any of you here would like to send me squares just for that I will be more than happy to put them together. She would absolutely love that. She has already adopted all of you and wants to come visit everyone of you. If she wasn't in so much pain right now I doubt seriously that I could stop her. If you do decide to do this, just pm for my address. Her favorite colors are all types of blues, especially country blues and she also likes purples and mauves, but most especially blues. :hug:manyheartMandii.. thanks for the suggestion.

I'm In !!!

We may not be able to give her hugs,

because we all are so far away,

but a comfort-ghan will keep her snug,

and show her love every day. :manyheart

Alright then, lets all agree on types of yarn. WW?

I have a whole bunch of Caron Simply Soft Eco in this really nice blue.

btw.. this is one set of postings that I will not be sharing with her so that it will be a surprise. Do you think it would be possible to have all the squares done and here for me to put together by Mother's day so I can present it to her from all her adopted? If not possible it is okay to just get them here when you can. Thank you guys for doing this. It is going to mean the world to her, but it means even more to me. :manyheart:hug

LOL, this post really made me laugh! :rofl:rofl:rofl

I wish I were so lucky to have family that will buy yarn for me....even though I don't need it (but there is always a color that I don't have). Wanna adopt me? that way you can send me yarn when your stash is over-flowing, or someone has been over-abundantly good to you. Share the love....that's what I say! :lol

I can definately have some squares done before the end of April. I have this one project to finish by my birthday/easter (theyre right next to each other) for someone elses birthday which is after mine. Then I can work on squares for the SHOL.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Yeah...my mom shops the local senior center tag sales, so I usually get scrap skeins and bits of thread that i'll never ever use and really dont know what they would be big enough for anyway...

I can't WAIT till i'm old enough to do stuff like this to my kids!!!

:manyheart

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Yeah...my mom shops the local senior center tag sales, so I usually get scrap skeins and bits of thread that i'll never ever use and really dont know what they would be big enough for anyway...

I can't WAIT till i'm old enough to do stuff like this to my kids!!!

:manyheart

Make a scrap blanket, or little granny squares and put them together to make an afghan.

I have a box of 6" square patterns, but I could always add borders around the to make them 8" or put 4 together to make a 12"

So Daugherty, do you want these sent to you and you bind them together? Or do you want them sent to me and I'll send the finished ghan to you?

I have a pattern that says it will be a 8" square. I can make it grow if you want bigger squares. I'm glad your mom likes blues - I have simply soft country blue in the medium, dark, and a little bit of the light. :D

:hug:manyheartThank you guys for doing this for my mom. :hugto all of you. As far as the size I told Mandii that I was leaving that up to her. I told all of you that my mom bought me a bunch of yarn to make an afghan for her and that was in three shades of country blue by Caron. She likes soft things in the colors blue. Always has. But as far as it goes if it is done by you guys she will like it no matter what the color. She calls me everyday and usually the second or third question from her is what you guys have written now and how are you guys doing? She keeps asking me for everybody's addresses because she wants to send you guys stuff to. She is just that way. She doesn't understand how protective are some people are about giving out their addresses. That is not the generation she grew up in. To her the world is full of friends that she hasn't met yet.:yes:yesI would like to put this comfortghan together. I have a lot on my plate with here, home, church, and charity stuff but I can do that for sure. So just pm me for my addy and then the squares can be sent to me. I want this to be a surprise for my mom, so I am not telling her about it until it is done. But if any of you want to write her or send her something else, just pm me for her address. Just DON'T mention the comfortghan to her. As far as what the SHOL likes, that is a hard question. She spends so much time doing for others that it is hard to know. She loves to read, but I think she has bought every book out there that exists. She loves the color blue, she loves stuff that smells good without being too strong. She loves lotions and body washes. The only things that she does for herself is she goes every week and gets her hair and nails done. :yes She collects unusual looking bells and she loves things that are different from other places. We have visited almost every state in the US. Except for Hawaii and Alaska and if she can get her pain under control I think she has plans to do that too. I will have to get back to you on things she likes. I have to be sneaky when asking her because if she thinks that somebody is going to get her something she won't say anything. She thinks that she is the only person in the world who is allowed to give gifts. To make you understand, for her birthday last year, she rented a limo, took every female member of the family of which there wasf 21 of us, gave us each a massive amount of money and took us all shopping at the beach. She paid for everything and when people asked her why she was giving other people gifts and a treat when it was her birthday, she said because that is what she wanted to do and she could. And she wouldn't let any of us use the money to buy her anything. We did anyway and just left it at the house :rofl but she tried her best to stop us. So hopefully that will let you know how sneaky I have to be. Okay got to go get lots of stuff done. Be back later. :manyheart to all of you.

Well she is up to no good again. I am never getting out of the negative. :( She has headed to Greenville with my aunt and cousin to pick up my nephew and bring him home for the weekend. They have all decided that while they are there they are going to check out Michaels and the yarn sale at THAT AC Moore to see, since it is a bigger store, if they have more of a selection. DH has already started moving stuff out of the bedroom to make room for the :yarn:sigh I'm never going to get her under control. I told her that she needs to find a hobby and she said shopping for others IS her hobby. You guys better watch out. Something tells me you guys are next.:lol

On a side note.... Thank you to lovely Miss Crochet (not sure if you want your real name used) for the lovely card and candle cover that you sent the SHOL.:hug She loved it. She thought the candle cover was a letter cover at first and thought it was neat like that, then she saw that you wrote it was a candle cover and was just tickled. :yes She thinks you have gorgeous handwriting. And she most especially loved the fact that you used colored ink. My mom loves smooth writing fine tip pens with colored ink. Thank you again. You guys are making the biggest difference in her moods lately. :manyheart

BTW.. totally forgot. I will be posting a picture later of the SHOL with her card and candle cover.

OMG!!!! I am having the greatest time reading this thread!! :lol :lol :lol Your mom sounds really neat!! And crazy fun!! If dh and I ever get or find an RV, I'm gonna drive(well dh will be driving), down to your house just to meet your MOM!! I am so sitting here, "drooling"(:drool :drool) at all your yarn shopping!!:yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn Ths thread has really made my day!! :manyheart

Archived