Somebody stop her

Wouldn't she like to come to sunny S. FL? :lol I could show her the sites! And tell her my Mom passed away last August and she could never buy me any yarn because she was already sick when I got back to crocheting. (If that doesn't get my name on the list I don't know what will!) ;)Btw, that was just the addcit in me talking, I really do not have room for more yarn myself...:blush

Seriously, you're blessed to have a Mom like that, she really sounds cool, :hug to both of you!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweetie, have you thought about what you've just done? You have put your mother's safety in jeopardy... Tell her to watch out for a clandestine covert operation that STEALS silver-haired ladies who purchase yarn. She might be ambling along, swinging her bags of yarn with not a care in the world, when all of a sudden a person in a crocheted balaclava might pull up alongside her in a nondescript-looking van, grab her and make off with her to a destination unknown, like, for example, beautiful Bavaria in the south of Germany :eek

So do be careful! I have heard there is a lucrative market for silver-haired ladies with yarn addictions - they're worth their weight in gold, um, yarn. I personally would love a mother who bought me yarn, so keep a good hold on her and treasure her...

Oops, better stop...

... one more round to do on that balaclava...

She also said to tell you all that she would love to visit Missouri and Canada. And I think she is actually serious about sending yarn that is and maybe even about the visits :blink

Hey she can come visit me in Missouri anytime, I have more than enough room for her and more yarn, lol

She got a big chuckle out off all your posts. She said she would love to see all of your pictures and have names and addresses and then she could pick one or two of you to send some yarn to. She really got a big chuckle out of all she read. She also said to tell you all that she would love to visit Missouri and Canada. And I think she is actually serious about sending yarn that is and maybe even about the visits :blink

I tell ya, this was a fun post to read! I can't get my mom to buy me yarn, she crochets herself and won't let go of her stash!

But my sister lives in Greenville NC, so if you mom doens't want to drive far.... :hook

God bless!

I need to post a picture of her up here so that you guys just don't go around mugging random silver haired old ladies carrying yarn. She says that she would hate to be the cause of an uprising in silver haired old lady yarn muggings. My hubby said she should just put herself up for sale to the highest bidder :rofl

I need to post a picture of her up here so that you guys just don't go around mugging random silver haired old ladies carrying yarn. She says that she would hate to be the cause of an uprising in silver haired old lady yarn muggings. My hubby said she should just put herself up for sale to the highest bidder :rofl

:haha:laughroll

:ty for your posting. It was just what I needed. I've been fighting a bacterial infection in my lower left leg for two weeks now and then the other day my computer was invaded or trying to be invaded by some spyware. I had to have my hard drive cleaned to get rid of it. I now have some malware on my computer if this happens in the future.

It brought back memories of my mother and my oldest sister and their yarn buying/stashing days. They are both gone now and I sure miss my crochet buddies.

:ty for the laughter. I have been :rofl. :rofl:rofl

Can we get an official ruling on the stash busting score?

Does it count against you if a silver haired old lady leaves yarn on your doorstep with a note asking you to provide a good home for it?

Just wandering, :think does your mother maybe, possibly vacation to Pennsylvania? I think I may have spotted her...lol :manyheart Enjoyed reading the posts. :hug

In S. FL the method is more 'sophisticated' than that, seniors are targeted for scams all the time so silver-haired ladies with bags of yarn could voluntarily give it away thinking, for instance, it's going to very poor women in Africa so they can make a living or something. :lol

:ty for your posting. It was just what I needed. I've been fighting a bacterial infection in my lower left leg for two weeks now and then the other day my computer was invaded or trying to be invaded by some spyware. I had to have my hard drive cleaned to get rid of it. I now have some malware on my computer if this happens in the future.

It brought back memories of my mother and my oldest sister and their yarn buying/stashing days. They are both gone now and I sure miss my crochet buddies.

:ty for the laughter. I have been :rofl. :rofl:rofl

Oh, I just noticed all you've been through so I've said a prayer for your healing and so no other bad things come even close to you. I'm also sorry about your Mom and sister, here's a :hug too!

My kids have been bugging me to get bunkbeds, and share a room, so if she came out to MA, I'd have a spare room for her to stay, and then the whole room to fill up with yarn...

Well, a girl can dream, I guess. (And my mom will cheer up my sad days with a skein of yarn, a pattern book and a cup of tea. And I get to wear the special scarves that come out of those skeins.)

I posted the original post 4 a couple of different reason. 1) was because my mom actually was going to the doctor in a larger city and she usually does come back with yarn that I have to find inventive places to put, 2) was because she was having a stress test done to see how her heart was doing because she has been having problems, and I was worried and 3) was because I needed something humorous to cheer me up due to above worry and my own issues with some other things. I have found that staying joyful takes some work so when I need to cheer myself up I have learned to, as my nephew would say "flip the script", on ordinary things and find the humor in them. As this one turned out, not only did you cheer me up, but you cheered my mom up too as I have been reading her all the postings, and you guys have helped each other. Give yourselves a pat on the back cuz all of you deserve it. Thank you.

BTW.. my mom (formerly referred to as the silver haired old lady) has enjoyed what you guys have written so much that she actually asked me if I would be willing to teach her how to crochet. Whether or not she actually learns or not doesn't matter to me. What matters is you guys have given me one more memory of my mom to always have with me. Thanks again. :hugAnd in response.. thanks for the great idea.. I already have bunk beds.. think I will put my son and daughter in the same room and that will give me a whole room for storage of my yarn... and if my mom's generosity ever runs out.. I will just tell her we need the yarn to send to those ladies in 3rd world countries. :heehee Thanks all :day

My Mom refuses to buy me yarn. She says "Now why buy you something that you're just going to turn around and give away. You hardly keep anything that you make." I keep trying to tell her that it's the making that makes me so happy.

I tried Stashbusting. Then it got to a point that I didn't want to lose anymore yarn. I had all this room and just had to replace it. lolol.

Hmmm Mayby I should say I'm from a third world country instead of Canada, hmmm.

Sigh that wouldnt be right, oh well, it was just a thought.....

Oh well I'm still up for adoption, lol lol lol........ :)

:woo:wooAnother convert to crochet. Uh Oh !!! If she gets the bug we will all lose our silver haired lady yarn buyer. :rofl Give each other a hug for all of us. You have brought smiles everytime I read this thread. :manyheart

Archived