Esther’s Breastfeeding Privacy Wrap with baby-proof weight-- Free Crochet Pattern

Esther’s Breastfeeding Privacy Wrap with baby-proof weight--

Free Crochet Pattern

3326205439_522bf68d9d_m.jpg

I made this for my pastor's daughter who is soon to have her 1st child. I used generic colors because she and her husband have chosen not to find out if it is a boy or a girl.

What is special about this wrap?

It is weighted so baby will have a challenge pulling it off! :cheer

3327028096_fc41e2e56e_m.jpg

This is the pocket that holds the weight. The weight is placed over the shoulder to keep baby covered. I had one like this when I was nursing! Much Better than just a blanket-- esp. if you have a grabby/wiggly baby.

Esther’s Privacy Wrap

300 meters/330 yds (3 skiens) Lion Brand "City Lights" Nylon Ribbon Yarn

(Or other yarn that makes a *mostly* solid fabric with the P Hook)

Size P Plastic Hook (mine is gray)

Plastic Zip-lock Bag

1-1/2 cup rice, beans, dried peas or other item to use for "weight"

With P hook, ch 18.

Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hk and in ea ch across. (15)

Row 2: DC in ea of the remaining lps from the ch (opposite side of ch as row 1), join with slst to ch-3 of beg of row 1, ch 3. Do not turn. Continue in a circle. (15)

Row 3: DC in ea of the spaces around, join with slst, ch 3 (30)

Row 4-6: Repeat Row 3 (Pocket made)

Row 7: 1 slst in ea of next 3 DC, 1 Dc in ea of next 9 DC, ch 1, turn (12)

Row 8: sk 1st sp., DC2tog 2x, 1 DC in next 2 DC, DC2tog 2x, ch 2, turn (5)

Row 9: 1 DC in ea sp across, ch 3, turn (5)

Row 10-18: Rep Row 9

Row 19: 3 DC in same sp as ch-3, 1 DC in ea of the next 3 DC, 4 DC in last sp, ch 3, turn. (10)

Row 20: 3 DC in same sp as ch-3, 1 DC in ea of the next 7 DC, 4 DC in last sp, ch 3, turn. (14)

Row 21: 1 DC in ea sp across, ch 3, turn. (14)

Row 22: 1 DC in ea of the next 7 sps, 2 DC in next sp, 1 DC in next 7 sp, ch 3, turn. (16)

Row 23: 1 DC in ea of the next 7 sps, 3 DC in next sp, 1 DC in next 7 sp, ch 3, turn. (17)

Row 24: 1 DC in same sp as ch-3, *2 DC in next sp, 1DC in next sp* repeat to end, ch 3, turn. (27)

Row 25: 1 TR in next 3 sp, 1 DC in next 5 sp, 1 SC in next 11 sp, 1 DC in next 5 sp, 1 TR in next 3 sp, ch 3, turn. (27)

Row 26: 1 DC in ea sp across, ch 3, turn. (27)

Row 27: 1 DC in same sp as ch-3, *1 DC in next sp, 2 DC in next sp,:* repeat to end, ch 4, turn. (40)

Row 28: 1 TR in same sp as ch-4, 2 TR in ea of next 2 sp, 33 DC, 2 Tr in ea of next 3 sp, ch 4 turn. (44)

Row 29: 1 TR in same sp as ch-4, 2 TR in ea of next 2 sp, 37 DC, 2 TR in ea of the next 3 sp, ch 3, turn. (48)

Row 30: 1 DC in ea sp across, ch 3, turn. (48)

Row 31-40: Rep Row 30.

Finish of and weave in ends.

Buttons for weight pocket:

Make 5

With P Hook: Ch 3, leaving 5 inch tail at front of ch.

Row 1: sk 1 ch, SC in next 2 ch.

Row 2: (Now working in the round), SC2tog, 2x, join with slst to 1st SC2tog,

Row 3: SC in ea sp around, join with slst to 1st SC.

Row 4: Repeat Row 3 until Ball is large enough to use as a button in your fabric (you don’t want it to come out too easily).

Finish off leaving 5 inch tail, pull beginning tail down through middle of ball and tie into knot with ending tail. Use ends to secure buttons to pocket area of cover.

Assembly:

Place beans/rice/weight item in plastic zip-lock bag. Let as much air out as possible, zip and wrap to make bag as small as possible. Place inside pocket of wrap. Button Wrap pocket closed.

Soon to come: a matching baby carrier!

Other FREE patterns available on my blog:

http://sarahatbeyondallmeasure.blogspot.com/

if you have any problems or find any discrepancies, please let me know so I can fix them!

Enjoy!!!! smiley.gif

Thank you for your words!

The baby carrier will be ready (hopefully) tomorrow-- the baby shower is the day after so I'd better get it done! I will post pics and pattern as soon as I have a chance.

About the ribbon yarn-- It is available at Dollar Trees around my town, so before you pay lots of $, try there!

Please, post pics when you're done! I'd love to see!

Thanks again and ENJOY! :)

Well, I have had some setbacks on the baby carrier. I have decided to just give the cover to my pastors daughter. As promised, I will get the carrier pattern up. It's just going to take a bit longer than I had hoped!

Archived