sarisue

Tree pattern

Oh I like that one! I'd like to see a forest of those. If I could crochet, I'd make one. As it stands, mine would get a third place award for the runner-up to the also-ran in the honorable-mention category of the Charley Brown look-alike tree version.

very cute

On 4/12/2013 at 10:52 AM, jimbo said:

Oh I like that one! I'd like to see a forest of those. If I could crochet, I'd make one. As it stands, mine would get a third place award for the runner-up to the also-ran in the honorable-mention category of the Charley Brown look-alike tree version.

Hello jimbo!!

It's been a long time, since I've chatted with you,

Edited by natcat

Very nice pattern. I have made the cone. I don’t understand how to add the scales or petals around the tree. I did the first row around the bottom but i am lost when working the second row. Is there a video or can you show me with photos how to do this step! Thank you. 

It's been awhile since I made this. I reviewed the pattern again and I only see BLO for all rows. Am I missing something too?

Its starts out back loop only to make a cone. 

To make the branches it says to "attach yarn in first unworked loop of row" so to me its telling you to work into the unworked front loops in your cone

The trim once again tells you to work in back loops.

The cone is made working back loop only leaving the front loop available to work the shells for the branches.

Edited by bgs

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Its starts out back loop only to make a cone. 

To make the branches it says to "attach yarn in first unworked loop of row" so to me its telling you to work into the unworked front loops in your cone

The trim once again tells you to work in back loops.

The cone is made working back loop only leaving the front loop available to work the shells for the branches.

See- it's been so long since I made this it was like looking at a new pattern. LOL