sarisue

Tree pattern

My MIL told me today that she isn't going to put up a tree this year. This would be perfect for her. Thank you!

Very pretty. On my to do list now. Thanks for sharing!

Would like to make a display of 3 trees in different heights..maybe 10 and 8 inches..have you done other sizes and ifsonwhere can we find the patterns...BTW beautiful trees :)

That's a lovely tree pattern, I'm going to try to get a few made for my grandchildren's bedrooms!

Thank you for sharing.

Would like to make a display of 3 trees in different heights..maybe 10 and 8 inches..have you done other sizes and ifsonwhere can we find the patterns...BTW beautiful trees .

That's a good idea. I haven't made other sizes but I would think it could be done shorter by making a smaller chain to start and then follow the pattern the same. Looking at the pattern I will see if I can write out the numbers needed and get back in a few days.

Edited by sarisue

I made 8 of these last year!!! Gave away 5 of them. Well This year, here I go again. This is such a great and easy pattern to follow. Once you get going, it is so easy. Every tree is different. It depends on yarn and needle size. But I have made some of mine taller for variety. Anyways, now I am finishing one and on to the 2nd..woohoo.

Thank you so much Sarisue for sharing.:yay

BTW.. criticism is just someones opinion, and everyones got one.:blush:think

I made 8 of these last year!!! Gave away 5 of them. Well This year, here I go again. This is such a great and easy pattern to follow. <<<<, Every tree is different. It depends on yarn and needle size. But I have made some of mine taller for variety.<<<<<,Thank you so much Sarisue for sharing.

Thanks and I’m glad you like it. I just found that out too. I used white in RH classic for the white and Knit Cro Sheen for the trim, and berry solid for this one and fashion thread for the trim and it looks just alittle different for the branches too than the white one which Is interesting.

To make different sizes it does work if you count the dc in an even row at the place you’d like it to be from there up, and skip the beginning rows and go up from there following the pattern and it will come out smaller.

Edited by sarisue

I've been experimenting for different sizes. The berry color one is not much smaller but the green one is. The berry one seems loose and the green one not. I am not the best with gauge sometimes. Don’t know why they are slanted in the picture though.

The berry one took just one skein of Red Heart classic and the green a little less than one skein.

I wasn't going to make a green one but my husband who Is always very helpful with my work, kept saying it’s good but trees are green so that will be his after I finish trimming it. LOL

post-10430-135897717111_thumb.jpg

Edited by sarisue
detail

Very pretty! Usually I like a tree to be green but yours is beautiful in white! I guess it makes us think of snow-covered branches! Merry Christmas!

This is absolutely gorgeous, saved it to try sometime when I'm not busy doing other things. It might not get done till next year, but I intend to do one.

As for criticizing your tree because they didn't like its fullness? :P is what I think of that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it looks like you have many beholders here who love it just the way it is.

I love this tree and I'm glad it doesn't need a cone. I just bought one to make a tree for next year and it was soooo skinny. I might as well use it though to mount mini lights.

I have been using a broomstick lace tree that I designed myself 35 years ago (during the first energy crunch). Now that I'm downsizing, I need to make a smaller table top tree. I certainly have enough decorations for it. Some of them are bracelet charms, so they are proportional.

This totally cute. My daughter is decorationg for Christmas all in white. This will be a must!!!!

This is gorgeous! Found it on Rav and linked to you this morning on my blog. :)

I am so making this for next years craft fair!