Tree pattern

sarisue

Oh I like that one! I'd like to see a forest of those. If I could crochet, I'd make one. As it stands, mine would get a third place award for the runner-up to the also-ran in the honorable-mention category of the Charley Brown look-alike tree version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2013 at 10:52 AM, jimbo said:

Oh I like that one! I'd like to see a forest of those. If I could crochet, I'd make one. As it stands, mine would get a third place award for the runner-up to the also-ran in the honorable-mention category of the Charley Brown look-alike tree version.

Hello jimbo!!

It's been a long time, since I've chatted with you,

Edited by natcat

• 2 years later...

It's been awhile since I made this. I reviewed the pattern again and I only see BLO for all rows. Am I missing something too?

Its starts out back loop only to make a cone. 

To make the branches it says to "attach yarn in first unworked loop of row" so to me its telling you to work into the unworked front loops in your cone

The trim once again tells you to work in back loops.

The cone is made working back loop only leaving the front loop available to work the shells for the branches.

Edited by bgs

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Its starts out back loop only to make a cone. 

To make the branches it says to "attach yarn in first unworked loop of row" so to me its telling you to work into the unworked front loops in your cone

The trim once again tells you to work in back loops.

The cone is made working back loop only leaving the front loop available to work the shells for the branches.

See- it's been so long since I made this it was like looking at a new pattern. LOL

• 1 year later...

Hi!  I love this pattern and have just finished the base tree.  However, I’m confused on how to create and attach the branches.  Not understanding how to start and where the branches are added to the base tree.  Help please?  Thanks so much!

Cyndi Conley

When you made your cone did you work it blo (back loop only) as noted in pattern. The cone is made back loop only which will leave the front loop available to work the branches.

To make the branches it says to "attach yarn in first unworked loop of row" so you work the scallops forming the branches into the unworked front loops in your cone piece.

The trim once again tells you to work in back loops.

• 4 months later...