Tree pattern

sarisue

Quote>>>>>>Can you tell me how it stands up like that? Is there a styrofoam base? Is it stiffened?<<<end quote

Thanks for all the replys, I appreciate them. I didn't need a cone or anything as mine stood up by itself, but It mIght depend on the yarn used as I used Red Heart classic. I saw some cones once but don't know about the size. It could also be stuffed with the toy stuffing.

i'm not sure about the title, so i hope i've did this right. how do i print the tree pattern? it is so cute and i can't wait to make it. if i can print it, thank you you so much for this pattern. rbnmcln

This is from the help page if you have a printer set up to your PC.

>>>>To print a Web page -On the File menu, click Print. Set the printing options you want.

To print a frame or item on a Web page, right-click the frame or item, and then click Print.

You can preview how a Web page will look and see how many printed pages it will be by clicking the File menu and then clicking Print Preview. <<<<<<

I did it by hightlighting the directions and clicking the print link on the file menu at the top of the screen and when the print menu came up I used the print selection part.

Using the print pages part it would be pages 2 and 3 which will give the directions and a few messages.

When printing a pattern from the ville, I click on the post number (upper right hand corner of each post). This brings up the post on a page by itself, then just hit print on my browser. This way I get to know all the info on that post, the creator and date/time.

When printing a pattern from the ville, I click on the post number (upper right hand corner of each post). This brings up the post on a page by itself, then just hit print on my browser. This way I get to know all the info on that post, the creator and date/time.

Thanks for your kind replys and that's great to know about the printing thanks for the info.

thank you, i finally got the pattern. it was my printer having a hissy fit on me. thank you ,i cant wait to make it. it's different but pretty. thanks again

rbnmcln

• 7 months later...

I love this pattern but I think I may be doing something wrong as mine is just round and am on row 3 but the points are not coming out. I guess before I go any further I would like to know if it is at the end that they get shaped. I am making this for my son that is in the Army so he can have a tree for Christmas. Thanks for a quick reply

ConnieB

I love this pattern but I think I may be doing something wrong as mine is just round and am on row 3 but the points are not coming out. I guess before I go any further I would like to know if it is at the end that they get shaped. I am making this for my son that is in the Army so he can have a tree for Christmas. Thanks for a quick reply

ConnieB

I could be wrong as I have not tried this one yet, but it appears that you add the branches after you make to tree.

Thank you, I think now that I have the main body done I may have bitten off more than I can chew, The branches seem even trickier. Just skyped with my son and he is going to try and be home for Christmas so maybe I won't have to complete it quite on time. LOL

I love this pattern but I think I may be doing something wrong as mine is just round and am on row 3 but the points are not coming out. >>>>>>> I am making this for my son that is in the Army so he can have a tree for Christmas. Thanks for a quick reply

ConnieB

Hi, I am sorry you are having a problem. In the pattern you start with a ch to form a circle and do an even round then a decrease round and an even and so on and it will end up looking like a cone. You will work in the back loops after the first round which is done in the chain circle and then you will do the branches in the front loops that are open after you finish the tree part. To do the branches you do a ch 1 and then (sc,hdc,dc,hdc,sc) in that loop and skip a stitch and do the (sc,hdc,dc,hdc,sc) in the next stitch repeating this around. It will look like shell stitches around and when you add the thread trim it will be a little more pointy. Sorry it took so long as I haven't been home. If you have more trouble just post again.

I was just sitting here admiring your tree again and wondered if there may be a similar pattern for a turkey ??? i am in the mood to really decorate my house this year because I am having over 40 people over and this is our first holiday since we have moved back to NY .

I love your tree. Thank you for sharing that pattern. Now I have something else to "obsess" about: Will I be able to find enough Christmas dangle earrings so I can use the charms for tree ornaments?? LOL

Carolyn in NC