Katchkan

Fleur-de-lis A filet Doily

33 posts in this topic

This is a design I have been trying to find time to create for sometime. I finally decided to put the finishing touches on it and just do it. The central theme of this one is the Fleur-de -lis. I decided to do this one in a negative image instead of the design in the blocks, the design is in the meshes. This is a filet in the rnd design. I did it with size 30 thread and a size 10/1.3mm hook. It measures 18.5 inches across. Again it is one that changes it look by rotating it .

Hope you like this one.

post-709-135897572909_thumb.jpg

Well I finally had time to get this design published. I have just released my Doily Threesomes Volume 5 Filet Fancies. I of course included this one. So those who thought I would never get around to getting this one out there here it is..... Doilythreesome5

post-709-135897572883_thumb.jpg

Edited by Katchkan
Adding Information

Nice, Kathy. I like the idea of doing the design in negative. Very pretty...I do like filet in the round.

Kathy, that is lovely -- it's too pretty to set anything on it. I'd love to see it on a round glass topped table.

Thank you everyone as always you are way too kind. I love the feel of this one in the size 30 thread. This one is one I will keep for myself. I have just the right spot for it.

I always run out of adjectives when it comes to your designs, Kathy! This is another amazing piece of work! I love the fleur-de-lis design. Gorgeous, Elegant...I love it!