Please share your favourite pattern/s for Project Linus!

mom2boys

I'm crocheting some preemie blankets for Project Linus. I'm wondering if you have a favourite pattern ? I have crocheted most of them with the Sideways Shell Baby Afghan(aks: Newbie Shell Afghan) and now I'm using the pattern without the hood from Lion Brand Pound of Love.

My ds3 received blankets during his more than 3 month stay in 2 hospitals. I would like to crochet some blankets for other preemies too!

Also, does the preemie blanket measures 12"x 18" for this organization?

Thank you!:)

Hi,

I went to the project linus national website and I couldn't find any info about preemie blanket sizes. I know our local chapter accepts preemie blankets but I'm unsure of what size they like. You could look up your local chapter and see if that chapter has their own website. Maybe a contact email would be listed.

As for favorite pattern, I can't say I really have one special one. I like trying a different pattern with each blanket. I can tell you that I don't like ones that have large holes in them. Also, I think its nice to use a pattern that is reversible. I just think that looks nicer.

Happy crocheting,

Karin

:)

My PL chapter suggests the following sizes:

Preemie: 26" x 26" to 36" x 36" (soft yarn only)

Baby: 36" x 36" to 36" x 42"

Child/Preteen: 40" x 60" to 45" x 60"

Teen: 45" x 60" to 45" x 72"

There are lots of great patterns out there, depending on your targeted child. No holes for little ones, like the sideways shell you've done, to all kinds of sports teams/college colors and other patterns for the bigger kids. I just made one with a train and one from shamrock squares that I'll be dropping off Saturday. In fact, I've made 32 blankets for PL and only duplicated a pattern 2 or 3 times.

What a great thing for you to do! Patty

Archived