Frustration

Oh my gosh I'm sure it had to be frustrating I'm making a throw for my fiance ran out of yarn it's almost done but when you have to use 2 strands of yarn it can be frustrating not to have enough so I have to go and get some more yarn to finish it off

I know how you feel. Yesterday I got so frustrated when I was making a cap for my Nephew. Somehow I managed to mess up despite that I was very carefully counting stitches and paying close attention to what the pattern said.

Luckily I had my nephew on hand to try it out on as I was working on it and I managed to decrease enough that my problem with bye-bye... It didn't come out as good as I had hoped, but it is a decent cap anyway. Last night it got cold and snowy so it turned out to be a good thing. I just hope he doesn't take it off and forget it at school... That would be a major bummer.

It was the first pattern I'd ever tried to make so I guess I'll just get better as I go. We all have our mistakes.

At least you can unravel it right?

I know what you mean. I am making a baby dress and I got the yoke done and it was too small for a preemie, much less for a full term baby. I think I had my tension too tight. I seem to crochet sc too tight. So, I frogged the whole thing and am starting over with a bigger hook. I worked most of the day on that darn thing. I hate to frog. So frustrating!

It is very frustrating.I was making a beanie for my friends birthday and it turned out too big.It was then I realised that my Australian yarn was thinner than the US pattern specified.Which also meant that I needed to change hook sizes too.It all worked out in the end thankfully.

Sometimes, even when you do a gauge swatch, the size turns out all wrong. A lot of times, I'll just start the piece, and keep measuring as I go, to make sure I'm on track.

And EVEN THEN, sometimes the piece turns out all the wrong size!

Archived