Oh my gosh!! You gotta see this...

I actually HATE to show this to you all, because I WANT this hook so bad, but, in all fairness, I thought I would show you gals what Jimbo gots on auction now....oh how I want that hook...there is more than one...you will see...also read down, he is even in contendment for an AWARD for his great hooks!!! Anyone that hasn't seen Jimbo's blog, it is a MUST see..here is the link

http://www.jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/

Hugs and happy bidding, but your gonna have a HARD time getting that F hook from me....:lol

I just wanted to add something here, if you don't mind. Yes, Jimbo's hooks are expensive, compared to an aluminum hook. However, to hold a WOOD hand carved hook, is unbelievable, nothing compares, truely. The way I justify it to myself spending that money is this, I would NEVER hesitate to pay 40 bucks for yarn on a project, why not have a wonderful hook made with love, to use making my projects. This is just for those of you who haven't felt a Jimbo hook in your hands. The smell of these hooks, the feel, I can honestly say I feel Jimbo's love in the hook. I can smell the wood, reminds me of my childhood days in the country. Oh I know we all cant afford this type of treat, it is a treat. But hey save your pennies, cause there is nothing compared to a Jimbo hook, anyone who has had the experience will tell you the same. He has alot of auctions, and you never know when you can afford one at your price range, just keep an eye on his blog, I have to admit I am a STALKER of Jimbo's Blog..lol..I go there EVERY day, and whne I don't have no money, I can still drool, and I do :lol.

Hugs to all

JoAnn

Well said JoAnn!

Now that F looks just divine and the K looks awesome too-- but I splurged on that last auction (I ended up with 2 of Jimbo's works of art), so I don't think I'll bid this time.

he is even in contendment for an AWARD for his great hooks!!!

And we can all vote in these awards...

http://www.crochetliberationfront.blogspot.com/

It's about the 4th entry on the page, "Hook the Vote"

and it lists the categories so you can think about it before you

click on the link to vote.

Aw thank you guys!!! I have to say, to be nominated along with those other hook makers is a HUGE honor all in itself. I mean those guys are LEGENDARY! They have totally different styles but hooo can they make beautiful hooks!!

No need to diet now... heck i'm floating so high my toes would barely touch the scale!!

Very grateful and humbled

Jimbo

http://www.jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/

Hugs and happy bidding, but your gonna have a HARD time getting that F hook from me....:lol

Oh wow that looks very nice! I don't have the money for something so expensive, but I'm still a beginner when it comes to crochet. Maybe one day when I'm old and don't enjoy computer games anymore...

I'm with "Craziebunny"! I'm envious, too! If you are the one who gets that hook, Joann, congrats! It's a beautiful one and I've been using F hooks probably the most lately. It's certainly OOAK!

Keep creating them, Jimbo! Nice work such as this should warrant recognition. Congrats, to Jimbo also!

I would love to have one of Jumbo's hooks! I have started collecting hooks as well as finding hooks that are easy to hold due to issues with arthritis and these look like they would be perfect. I'll have to put out some hints to my husband and kids for Mother's Day. Great job, Jimbo!

Jimbo's hooks are the greatest. My "H" is divine. I also have one of his egg hooks - I love it in my hand, but it's a bigger size which I don't use too often, but I couldn't pass it up. The hooks in auction now are beautiful. The "F" is to die for, but very rarely do I use that size.....but you can bet I'll be watching for that "H" he mentioned. Sometimes they are expensive and I can't always afford them, but if you really want to try one of his hooks go for a chophook. I have one and I really like it. Affordable and you are helping a very worthy cause at the same time.

After two years of using my "G" Jimbo's hook the top of the head broke. After emailing Jimbo I sent the broken hook back and he has it repaired and will be sending it back to me. Got to love Jimbo, I know that I have to have a Jimbo Hook to crochet these days, so I am slowly getting all of the sizes. I think I really need to rather all of them up and make a list so I know which ones to bid on in the future.

The hooks are truely beautiful and I imagine how good they would feel. I would guess they are well balanced. I'd love to see more of the knitting needles too. Thank you for sharing a link to something beautiful made with skill and love.

The hooks are truely beautiful and I imagine how good they would feel. I would guess they are well balanced. I'd love to see more of the knitting needles too. Thank you for sharing a link to something beautiful made with skill and love.

The picture of my hook didn't do it justice. The hook is so smooth, i've never seen anything made out of wood that is that smooth, without varnish or poly on it.

Not too heavy, not too light, i crochet faster with this hook, and grip is perfect.:c9

Archived