February Square CAL this weekend

KellyA

Hello! The February Charity Square-A-Long round is coming. It will be this weekend. Starting this on Thursday the 26th and will end on March 3rd.

The rules are the same - - - make charity squares in the sizes, patterns, and colors you choose and give them to the charity of your choice! Some of us also make "granny daughters" (first round of granny squares), "saltines" (first two rounds of granny squares), or preemie afghans (varying in sizes). It's up to YOU to decide!

If you would like to join us, please let us know below! Also, please post your round total by Tuesday night after the round has ended!

I can try something for this one again. I have been toying with some squares for another lapghan.

boy time sure does fly. It seems like we just did this. :rofl

I was thinking the same thing :thinkabout just doing this.

Glad to see you'll be joining us :crocheting

Do the squares need to be joined by the Tuesday deadline?

I haven't played this before, but it sure sounds fun... I even could bust some squares in between all of my regularly scheduled "MOMM's"! :D

I''m in! I just finished joining the squares from January yesterday, so it's definitely time to make more. I'll be making squares of assorted sizes for more preemie afghans and making thread angels which are for another of my church's outreach programs. They are part of layettes for those who don't have any for their new babies. Here are pictures of the preemie afghans made with the January squares.

DCP_1577.jpgDCP_1576.jpg

DCP_1575.jpgDCP_1573.jpg

Linda those ghans are beautiful

Darsi thanks for helping in answering the questions, My last few days at work have been crazy, company I work for is closing and I am in the next waive.

Looking forward to seeing our progress this month

:crocheting:hook:yarn

Thanks for the compliments, ladies. I've got two 8" squares done so far and another started although I had to rip two rows out and redo them, because of a mistake at the beginning.

OK, this just gets more and more interesting...

I still can't find whatever pattern I used to make my blue test square. Now I can't find the blue yarn and it's a huge KG skein. :eek

Well I am now making a nice set of yellow squares in a 'similar' pattern and I have 2 made so far. I might have to trade off with some <<<bright>>> yellow squares as I only have a pound of the yellow

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Signing in with my total for the day. I may get another one or two done but I don't want to annoy my wrists.

I was going to post that I had made 5 squares but when I was doing my "tidy away ends" part I discovered that I had made 6 squares :woo

These are 7 inch squares and I like lapghans to be about 3 feet by 4 feet so that would mean that I need 5 X7 or 35 squares plus a border. I don't expect to get them all done but a good start might help me to finish the squares by next weekend.

I"m in. I've got 1 8 inch done so far. I hope to finish up 4 more of these then do 3 of another square at minimum this time around. I also need to finish up a lapghan that is going on too long. I just can't get myself motivated on it. :sigh

I finished my comfortghan squares today, and have the last couple to mail out tomorrow.

Tomorrow is history cause I am working, so that leaves me Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

I really want to do this...

Archived