A Comfortghan for my Mom

MainelyCrafty

I am requesting 6" squares for my mom, she had an accident in which she suffered a terrible hit to the head while eating out at a restaurant with my sister. Thankfully, a nurse was eating there also and took care of her until the EMT's arrived and she was taken to the hospital. She has stitches over her left eye and is badly bruised and very sore, as I'm sure you can imagine. Her arm is in a sling, since it was under her when she fell.

My Mom is almost 76 years old, very much alone and now very

uncomfortable and I thought a comfortghan would be wonderful for her.

I thought if she knew it came from a lot of my online friends, that it would be that much more special to her.

I want to request 6" squares in either one or both of two colors of Red Heart Super Saver. The colors are Ranch Red and Warm Brown. Please, no puffy flowers, as that's not her style. Flat flowers are fine, though.

I belong to two crochet groups, there are some members also helping with these squares, so I think I will need about 20-25 more to complete the afghan. If I have any extra, I plan on making pillows to match the afghan.

If you can help me with these, please PM me and I'll send you the mailing information. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this project. :manyheart

:manyheart Thank you all SO much! This means so much to me and I know how much it will mean to my Mom! :hug I really appreciate all of your time, effort and thoughtfulness!

I think I've replied to everyone's PM's, but if I've missed anyone, please let me know. I think I have 5 people sending squares at this time.

Thank you all so much!

grannyzkraftz, thank you for letting me know and I'll let you know if I need more after I receive what's coming from everyone.

I'll let everyone know when their squares arrive, as I'll be keeping track of everything in my notebook.

I know I have a few PM's to reply to, although at this point, I believe I'm caught up on sending my address. I am going to go try to rest, my pain is horrible today and sometimes resting helps. I'll reply to any PM's after I get back up.

I just got done another square for Mom's afghan, as well as working on some for a little boy in another group I'm in (I'm making 5 - 12" squares for his afghan). I actually just spent the better part of 2 hours on a square that just wouldn't lay flat, no matter what... bummer! So, I pulled it all out and need to find another pattern to replace that one.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :hug

Although I didn't ask if you wanted just the regular squares or does it matter what the design is.

I don't have any particular designs in mind. I'm hoping for all different kinds, from regular granny squares to fancy ones and anything in between. Whatever you make will be great! :hook

Two squares went in the mail today!

Great, I'll look for them. I'll let you know as soon as they arrive.

THANKS SO much!! :hug

ok good! I will take a pic and show you what I made in a bit.

I look forward to seeing them, thanks! :clap

I have two squares made. Do you have a deadline by when you need these?

Joyce

There's no deadline. I'm just going to let all of them get here and go from there. Thanks for asking though, I probably should have said that, huh? :think:D

I want to help you so badly with this one! But I don't ahve either colour. Do you need anything more neutral maybe? I could always use an excuse to go yarn shopping though! Lemme know if you can wait a bit and I can maybe pick up one of your colours!

I want to help you so badly with this one! But I don't ahve either colour. Do you need anything more neutral maybe? I could always use an excuse to go yarn shopping though! Lemme know if you can wait a bit and I can maybe pick up one of your colours!

I'll PM you, ok? :)

I wanted to let you all know that I set up my blog and am featuring the squares I have now (and the ones I will receive) for the afghan. There are two posts there showing squares right now.

GrannyAnnie's squares arrived today and I just got them posted, too.

My blog is in my signature.

Have a great night, everyone!

:manyheart

the squares are on their way to you now let me know if you need more i have more ranch red

Your squares arrived today during our snowstorm. I'll be taking pictures of them and posting them on my blog sometime tonight.

They are beautiful! Thank you so much for all your time and thoughtfulness!

I have received ten squares so far, I will let you know if I need any more. I still have some more that are on their way, although I'm not sure how many. Thank you for offering more help!

:manyheart

I mailed 2 squares today!! I have a dc # if you need it.

Thanks, Shana! I'll let you know when they arrive!

How is your mil's comfortghan coming along? I'm excited to see it altogether. :)

Archived