Mad , Mad , Mad at Hubby !!!!Pinkroses

Oh my goodness! And no pattern to ever remake it! :eek Maybe someday it'll pop up in one of those vintage sites?

I hope he's been an "all-around" good husband to date, 'cause I can tell you if it'd been any of my two exes something like this would've rushed us to divorce court big time! I'm glad for you that you're taking it this well, in reality "people go before things" and if it was an honest mistake made by an otherwise caring man, well, what can you do but try to get over it, I'm just glad I'm not the one in that situation, no accounting the damage my temper could make regardless!

Take a look at this and see if by any chance it's the same as yours, I know it's a one in a million shot but who knows! There's also a copy of "Magic Crochet" magazine from the '80s which includes a child's filet crochet bedspread with butterflies and roses.

I'm guessing you didn't find out soon enough before the dumpster got picked up and/or to call the company that picks up the trash. I'm sure the dumpsters are numbered and they could've found out where it was emptied, it's really a shame that a perfectly good bedspread gets thrown right in with all the other nasty stuff...

Oh no! See? It's not my bedspread and I CAN'T let go, I think I'm in trouble! :sigh

The spread only had one butterfly.

It had some popcorn stitches in it.

I think it was like a 8 or little larger square.

The roses, I made up and crocheted in pink .

with crocheted green leaves.

I really don't remember where I got the pattern

I am pretty sure I didn't save it eighter.

That is a pretty square though. hugs sheila

I can understand what you are feeling. Well when we where moving from Texas back to Illinois I packed all my books and crafts and set them aside to bring with me. Well I saw a bunch of people in front of my house going thru my garbage so I went outside to see what was so interesting and Guess what he threw everything in the garage in the garbage. I had to go out and almost fight the neighbors to get some of it back. Boy was I angry. The funny thing was we lived in that house for 8 years and that was the first time most of the neighbors talked to me. I guess they where just happy to see the yankees move back to where they belonged LOL.

Maybe he didnt realize he got rid of it. I know if I told my hubby not to toss my quilted double wedding ring blanket he wouldnt know which quilt it was. So, Id give your hubby benifit of the doubt. He may not of realized that was the blanket you were talking about.

I'm almost speechless at this thread. I have NEVER understood how people can be so callous towards each other! I have friends where one is a pack rat and the other almost OCD and I'm stunned when the OCD one just arbitrarily pitches things with absolutely no consideration for the feelings of the other. It is as if they are saying that they (the OCD one) wants is the only important thing. Pinkroses I'm so very sorry for the loss of this lovely thing - you are a better person than I. I would have decked him and booted his rear out for lack of simple respect!! I hope you can recreate this at some point! :hug

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost the bedspread you worked so hard on. :-( that sucks. I too am mad at my hubby. grrr. We're, or rather I am busy cleaning like mad, because the property managers are installing energy efficient kits in our townhouse. things for the plugs, faucets, shower head, doing something with the hot water heater. So, since I work so much, and sick so often I don't get to clean much. and DH just sits on his butt, seeing that things need to get done. We recently got our xbox 360 back, it died so we sent it back and got a refurbished one. (second time...) Anyways, I rented DS a game yesterday, and as soon as we got in, he showed DH and asked to play his game. DH said no. He's cleaning in the living room. Really, he was watching survivor man and picking up something every few minutes and throwing it in the garbage. I got mad, and told him that at 7:00 I was letting DS play the game he got. He had no idea what we were talking about. He just said what game. So, I repeated, the game I rented him today.

He got mad, and said "fine, you clean up then!" and proceeded to empty a container of sunflower seed shells on the floor and stormed upstairs. ugh. I can't believe he did that.

So, I'm not speaking to him now. and took time off work to get everything done. vacation time. ugh.

Sweetie, I know EXACTALLY how you feel!!! I had made a quilt top with my deceased mothers clothes, and had it stored away to finish quilting the bottom, it was ALL done by hand, and where did it go? Yes, hubby threw it out because it was in a box and looked like old clothes!! I was FURIOUS, I will never get back my mothers clothes , who died 31 years ago, to ever remake this type of memorial to her. MEN, yes, MEN,,urggggggggggggggggggg

I feel your pain sister!!!

Love

JoAnn

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost the bedspread you worked so hard on. :-( that sucks. I too am mad at my hubby. grrr. We're, or rather I am busy cleaning like mad, because the property managers are installing energy efficient kits in our townhouse. things for the plugs, faucets, shower head, doing something with the hot water heater. So, since I work so much, and sick so often I don't get to clean much. and DH just sits on his butt, seeing that things need to get done. We recently got our xbox 360 back, it died so we sent it back and got a refurbished one. (second time...) Anyways, I rented DS a game yesterday, and as soon as we got in, he showed DH and asked to play his game. DH said no. He's cleaning in the living room. Really, he was watching survivor man and picking up something every few minutes and throwing it in the garbage. I got mad, and told him that at 7:00 I was letting DS play the game he got. He had no idea what we were talking about. He just said what game. So, I repeated, the game I rented him today.

He got mad, and said "fine, you clean up then!" and proceeded to empty a container of sunflower seed shells on the floor and stormed upstairs. ugh. I can't believe he did that.

So, I'm not speaking to him now. and took time off work to get everything done. vacation time. ugh.

:eekAnd this man is... how old??? Talk about a 5-year-old tantrum! Quite a role model for your son too... I just feel for you, maybe he's the reason you're sick so much. Sounds like if counselling is not obtained soon your family's future will be a grim one, you need to think about this and take some positive action, seriously!

:eekAnd this man is... how old??? Talk about a 5-year-old tantrum! Quite a role model for your son too... I just feel for you, maybe he's the reason your sick so much. Sounds like if counselling is not obtained soon your family's future will be a grim one, you need to think about this and take some positive action, seriously!

That sounds way too much like my Sister in Cali's hubby...

Oh my word...I would have a really hard time if that had happened to me...did you ask him why he threw it away, especially after you told him not to?

:eek:hug I am so sorry. I would be so upset if that happened. I think I would cry but only after I smacked dh first! (half kidding). Truly, I would probably have him digging through the landfill for it! It can be cleaned if he found it. I don't think dh would throw any of my crochet work away though--he sees how long I spend making things.

Archived