ravelry.com question

:think Iam a liittle confused. What is Waverly.com I am new to this

forum Thanks

Nanners

You mean Raverly.com....that is the site this is about. It is a site to store info about your stash,hooks, patterns and connect with friends

Ya know... I am in Ravelry and I just don't seem to see why it is so popular... The groups I have found to join have barely any activity... Is there something I am missing? People rave about Ravelry... and I'm just not seeing why...

I have no need to spend days typing in my stash or my to do lists.... I don't see a general board somewhere to type in questions .. I love trying to help people the most...

hype. and a lot of it - unless I am totally missing something there....

Ya know... I am in Ravelry and I just don't seem to see why it is so popular... The groups I have found to join have barely any activity... Is there something I am missing? People rave about Ravelry... and I'm just not seeing why...

I have no need to spend days typing in my stash or my to do lists.... I don't see a general board somewhere to type in questions .. I love trying to help people the most...

hype. and a lot of it - unless I am totally missing something there....

I like helping out, too. To that end I have volunteered as a Group Instructor on the Learn Crochet group on Ravelry. I monitor a few boards over there, but mostly I like to post my projects and document them all in one place, so I can look and see what I want to make, what I have made and remember what, when and for whom I made things. I tried to keep a running list in my sig here, but that didn't really work for me when I was in a crocheting groove :lol Now I have posted pics of my WIPs in hibernation so that I don't forget what I have hiding in the storage boxes under my bed :lol...

I have found the cross-listing of projects with patterns helpful as well, as I am in Australia and often cannot use the yarns specified in patterns, so seeing substitutions that have already been made is helpful for me...

But, different strokes for different folks - some people will love it, some hate it, some be indifferent to it... if it works for you, go for it :).

Cheers,

The groups I have found to join have barely any activity..... I don't see a general board somewhere to type in questions ..

There are 6 basic boards everyone has access to that are general--they are on your forums page (Yarn, Techniques, Patterns, etc.--the ones you didn't join). This is where general discussions take place. Be warned, however, that Ravelry is so big that a posted thread only one-half hour old can get bumped to the second page as other threads with more recent postings appear.

Some forums are active, some are not. Like here. Look at the Community board. The jewelry board--sometimes that's active, and sometimes days go by before someone posts.

You may not find keeping track of your stash or hooks useful. I don't either. Other people keep track of home libraries. I just pile my books around and never keep lists anywhere of what books I own. My friend, who doesn't own a computer, used to keep a list of books she wanted to read on my pc; I would never do that. Everyone is different. I'll never understand the attitude that just because something is not personally what you like/enjoy/find useful, you can't believe/understand anyone else would find it useful or enjoyable. If you don't like it, leave it be. If you like it, enjoy it.

Or am I missing some subtext that others feel competition between should exist between Ravelry and other, older forums, like Crochetville or Craftster or others? I don't see that at all. Different forums with different purposes.

It only took about 5 days for my invitation to come.. maybe they have been getting frequent requests now that the word has spread about the site If you do recieve your invite be sure to add me as a friend ;)

Archived