blessedtosew

ravelry.com question

I signed up for an invitation on ravelry.com several days ago and it said it would take 4 days for me to receive my invitation. For those of you who are members of that, did it take a long time for you to receive your invitation? I am getting impatient:emptymail

I signed up about a week ago and just got my invitation two days ago. It should arrive soon for you!

It will come, sometimes it takes longer than they say it will.

I think I waited about a week also. It will come, just gotta be a little more patient.

I believe you can see where you are on their list. I joined over a year ago and don't remember but I think a bout a week. Good luck!:hook

lol I think when they first started there was a much longer waiting period.

Yup cause I signed up a few months after the site started...and waited a few months for an invite. There were that many of us wanting to join and they couldn't add many at a time. Now they're much faster. Hang in there! It's worth the wait. :)

I just signed up probably about a month ago...but I had my invite within 2-3 days. If you go back to the site, click on request invitation and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page there is "check on your invitation" you can just type in your email address and it will tell you how much longer you'll have to wait to get your invite.

Thanks everyone. If they are going to invite you anyway, why doesn't ravelry just set it up so that you get an automated email to respond to in order to activate your account? Anyway, I am just complaining. I need to work on that ---and my patience (or lack of patience). Thanks everyone.

P.S. I checked and ravelry says my invite will come in 1 day.:cheer

Edited by blessedtosew

I found that part to cumbersome about ravelry - but yes - you will get the invitation.

I come here mostly because it can be overwhelming with all the forums there - but it is fun:yay

Mine came in about two days. I think members should be able to invite other people and they be let in without the wait. I'm not sure on the whys of having to get an invitation but I agree, it is worth the wait.

I signed up for an invitation on ravelry.com several days ago and it said it would take 4 days for me to receive my invitation. For those of you who are members of that, did it take a long time for you to receive your invitation? I am getting impatient:emptymail

It took a over 2 months I think for me to get my invite. That was in I think 2007.

I think it took me a couple of months to get my invite too.....

It took a over 2 months I think for me to get my invite. That was in I think 2007.

Ditto!

I joined a couple of months ago and it only took a couple of days then. It must be picking up over there.

Elise

I signed up, and waited,.......and waited..... and waited.....

forgot all about it....

then after even more months, got curious.

used the check on your place on the list link, and they said it had been sent several months earlier! Fortunately, i did not have to wait any longer, because they asked if i would like a re-send of the invite.

P.S. I checked and ravelry says my invite will come in 1 day.:cheer

Mine has said that for quite a few days now :( I'm sure the wait is worth it though!!!

I request one back in 2007 and after several months I forgot completely about it. Then the other day I went back and they resent my invitation and now after two years I am on Ravelry

It took 4 days for my "invite"!! Now besides here, I go to ravelry!! No wonder I don't get any crocheting done!!:lol

I can't remember how long I waited but I got my invite one Christmas Eve :D

When Ravelry first started I imagined the invite thing was to stop the system being swamped by new users before it was ready - I imagined something to do with server capacity.

No idea why it still happens, but i agree with all those above who say it's worth the wait.

I saw something on the Knit and Crochet Today program that Ravelry has over 62,000 members and new members are joining every day. So it may take a few days to get your invitation. Be patient. It will come.

:manyheart

Um, actually, that's over 250,000 members. Yup, you read that right--a quarter of a million crocheters and knitters and spinners in one place. Go yarn!

Patty

:think Iam a liittle confused. What is Waverly.com I am new to this

forum Thanks

Nanners

Edited by Nanners