Help w/triangle poncho

beachlady

Question

I am so upset, I have just finished the first side of triangle and I had increased the foundation ch from 112 to 172 ( cause I measured lenth of arm from shoulder seem, ok that is fine, but the darn thing still ends up way to short, how the heck can I make it longer, there is no more loops to change in. Hope I made my self clear, I will be sitting at this site until I get answer, lol. :<> It measures 54 wide at the shoulder to point end of arm, and is only 24" long from mid neck to tip. I used I hook and Fiesta red heart, 4ply.

5 answers to this question

I'm guessing you did decreases on each row, i'mnot sure which shawl you are trying to do? I'll be honest, I'm not going to be much help though I'd love to try. Most of the shawls I have done have started from a modified granny square at the center of the neck and worked out and down.

There are only 2 real real simple ones that I know of. One starting at top, Making foundation ch as long as needed, 4 1then turn sc in 5th ch from hook, and then in every 4th ch across. Turn sl st in first space, ch 5, sc in next sp, ch 5, across, turn sl.st in first space, etc, this will decrease each row. The 2nd is starting at point, and going up. For some reason I can not get it wide enough ( around mid part of body) they need to be longer. So one would think if you started from the bottom up you could make it as long as you want, but the mid section is still narrow for a size 12-16 women. What the heck is wrong. :<>

Archived