Help the Homeless

crochet-addict

I've lived in this area my whole life and never knew we had a homeless shelter :eek

There are approx 1600 homeless in my county, 400 being children.

My goal is to make 1 hat a week, I'll try to fit in more if I can(3 boys will keep ya busy!). I want to deliver a box of hats to the shelter in the fall.

If anyone would like to help:

Any pattern

Any sizes welcome: men, women, children, teen, baby

Any colors

Worsted weight yarn, 100% acrylic

:hugI love this community and I knew this would be the best place to ask for help!

I'm also going to be joining granny squares into scarves, quicker than blankets & I really want to use the donated squares. If anyone would like to send scarves that would be great too!

:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to join you, 1 hat a week and I know that I can get a few scarves in sometime during the year. I will send you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry, I said I would help, but I don't know if I can get 1 hat per week. I am already behind several hats, I am over committed, I think. I am working on a hat, and I will do more, but it may not be l per week. I will send it as soon as I finish it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will make an attempt to get that done. I do a lot of charities for the fall and winter, so if we can't make a hat a week, will whatever we can do be OK?

I have a bunch of 6 inch squares I've made for the charity weekend CAL, if you can use them I'd love to send them

• 1 month later...
I've lived in this area my whole life and never knew we had a homeless shelter :eek

There are approx 1600 homeless in my county, 400 being children.

My goal is to make 1 hat a week, I'll try to fit in more if I can(3 boys will keep ya busy!). I want to deliver a box of hats to the shelter in the fall.

If anyone would like to help:

Any pattern

Any sizes welcome: men, women, children, teen, baby

Any colors

Worsted weight yarn, 100% acrylic

:hugI love this community and I knew this would be the best place to ask for help!

I'm also going to be joining granny squares into scarves, quicker than blankets & I really want to use the donated squares. If anyone would like to send scarves that would be great too!

:manyheart

pm me your addy and i'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

crochet-addict, would you like to join Warming Families as a Chapter Area Volunteer? We are going to be participating in a massive hat-drive starting in Sept 2009 to try to get 25,000 hats to the homeless and destitute.

You can read about it here,... signing up might just get you the items you need for all those people and it's free to sign up as a Chapter Area Volunteer.

http://www.freewebs.com/warmingfamilies/areavolunteerinfo.htm

We would love to have anyone who is interested in joining the group as a CAV to read that page and get the info and join us! I have been absent from the group for a few years and recently joined again and I am so glad I did! I feel with the rising numers of unemployed the needs will be even greater this year.

Well, I will let you read it and see if it's something you would like to do. We are trying to get at least one CAV in each State before Sept.

HUGS!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived