acmoores

I had to go to acmoores yesterday and get yarn to make my father a blanket and ended up spending 200.00 on yarn. I would have to do a lot of overtime for that one. My friends thought I was moving someone in and would not believe it was nothing but yarn. I got bags and bags of yarn.:cheer:clap:clap:cheer

:yay:clap :wooIsn't it fun! :hug

When I do that, I lay it out across my diningroom table when I get home and have to stare and pet it for a while! :laughroll:dance:rofl

We got an AC Moores here a few years back. They have a really nice yarn selection and they also keep it really nice. No yarn on the floor, no skeins half undone. And, the racks are kept full! (that's the best!) :yes:yarn

I love A.C. Moore it has the selection like Michaels but the prices are closer to Wal-Mart. And of course we have all of those a few miles away. If only I could convince DH to let me spend $200 n yarn. I am probably only going to get $100 unless i get the elusive child support check. I guess i can dream

Oh my, 200 bucks worth of yarn? :hook Lucky you! I've never done that before. 50 bucks was as high as I went. I have an AC Moore by me too. They stock it pretty well but most of their space is devoted to RHSS, which doesn't really give me much choice in what to buy. I almost always wind up ordering online now. It's the only way I get to try something different or find enough of the color I'm looking for.

I have the same problem with AC Moore. Thank heavens it's 45 minutes away, or I'd be bankrupt by now. I swear, they put something in the ventilation system that makes you just want to buy! :lol Or perhaps it's subliminal messages over the PA system :rofl.

I got in trouble at A. C. Moore on Sunday, too. Had a coupon for 50% off one non-sale item. Went in to look for some buttons for a baby sweater (no luck), a skein of sale yarn, and maybe one non-sale. Came out with 2 huge bags and $54 less in the bank; but I have enough yarn for a full size afghan, plus 2 huge skeins baby yarn, enough of several colors for comfortghan squares and the yarn I went in for. Oh, and a pillow form.

Boy am I lucky, Our AC Moore is located nicely between my job and my house, soI get to drive past it almost every day. And I am of course a Starbucks addict and the Michael's here in town is in the same shopping center. :rofl Good thing I have the strength not to go in every time I am there

Congrats on your yarn purchases!

I am so jealous of you...my local ACMoore closed around Christmas time.....

I don't even have an AC Moore, unless it's a very well kept secret.

I am so insanely jealous of anyone who has a large craft store near them. I have to drive 45 minutes at LEAST to get to a Hobby Lobby and even further (all the way to Houston) for any of the other craft stores. The only yarn available for immediate purchase is whatever they have in our WalMart Super Center, and it's NOTHING even compared to what WalMart USED to have when we didn't have a Super Center. :think

When I think of how excited I was that we were getting a Super Center, if I ever knew that it was going to mean losing fully 3/4 of the yarn department I would have been praying for them to leave it as it was! In fact, I'll bet they took away MORE than 3/4 of the department. There used to be three full aisles of yarn, now there is just one half of one aisle. How is that fair! :(

I buy almost all of my yarn online. DH doesn't complain (not too loudly anyway) about how much I spend, and I try to keep it within reason. I haven't bought any yarn since before the holidays that I can remember, and if you can't remember it, it doesn't count, right? :D But I am waiting on a delivery this week of 100+ skeins that I bought from a C'vill'er and I am SO excited about getting that! She said it should be here by Thursday! And I'm OFF on Thursday! I hope it's here by then! DH is already wondering where we're going to put it, but I told him not to worry, we will find a place. It's starting to look like we live at Smiley's or Knitting Warehouse or something! :lol

Congrats on your WONDERFUL purchase! $200 is a lot of yarn, and a lot of fun!!

I would be in lots of trouble if I got that much! I already feel like I have too much, but it's because I haven't organized it yet. I've been struggling every time I go into a craft store to stay away from the yarn section, or at least put my blinders on while I grab the one skein that I need to finish a project.

We wont mention the ~50 skeins of Glow in the Dark yarn I purchased last week...

yes I got a lot of different types

That would be so much fun to spend $200 on yarn - I think the highest I ever went was $50 too. Have fun with it. Did you get alot of different types?

Gee, I have AC Moore envy. I shouldn't though as I live about 15 - 20 minutes from a Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's Etc., Michael's, and a regular WalMart. They are all located in an area of Nashville called the Rivergate area as that's the name of the big shopping mall located in that area with all kinds of other shopping, such as Books A Million, Catherine's, Target, etc. Too many stores to name. Not that I do much shopping in the area. Just love this side of Nashville as I am so close too so many types of stores and other types of businesses. But I still have AC Moore envy. :blush

AC Moore does have a nice selection of yarns. I think it's time for me to make a visit there this weekend. It's closer for me than Michaels..plus I've sworn off Michaels because their check out is so slow! I can't stand when a store has only 1 register open.

AC Moore does have a nice selection of yarns. I think it's time for me to make a visit there this weekend. It's closer for me than Michaels..plus I've sworn off Michaels because their check out is so slow! I can't stand when a store has only 1 register open.

I think you'll really like it. I find that ours has the best selection of different yarns around. Also, they carry books and patterns. Oh, yes...They also, from time to time, have their "Moonlight Madness" sales, which are great. :D

$200 in yarn??...holy cow! I would be in heaven. Right now I am crocheting on yarn that I got from one of our local thrift stores. I am trying to make booties to put on etsy. I am using up all the stuff I have so I can justify buying new yarn AND I can afford it.

BTW I got a new pattern in the mail today and I found ALL the yarn it calls for in my thrift store finds....WOO HOOO!!! I am makin those booties tonight!

I wish our local thrift store had yarn.

$200 in yarn??...holy cow! I would be in heaven. Right now I am crocheting on yarn that I got from one of our local thrift stores. I am trying to make booties to put on etsy. I am using up all the stuff I have so I can justify buying new yarn AND I can afford it.

BTW I got a new pattern in the mail today and I found ALL the yarn it calls for in my thrift store finds....WOO HOOO!!! I am makin those booties tonight!

OMG, are you going to lay it all out and roll around in it? :P Patty

It didn't come yet!! :( My day off came and went and no yarn box! I HATE the Post Office! They're so slow, especially when it comes to bringing stuff down here to S. Texas!

I have to work tomorrow night 3-11 and Saturday 3-11 and then Sunday I work 7am to 3pm, so at least if it comes by the weekend I will have all Sunday evening to roll around in it! I also have Monday off, but I have to go to the doctor in Houston in the morning, so I won't be back home until about 2 or so, but at least I'll have all Monday evening to play, too. I just can't wait! I've been looking at the pics that she send me of the yarn and just going CRAZY with anticipation! :lol

Wow, to me that sounds like a day in heaven...LOL! I love it! I would be admiring all of that new yarn too. I love A C Moore. In my area, they have a lot more of a yarn selection than Michaels. I go as often as I can even though it's a bit further away.

Archived