I'm in big trouble now

ZoeZoesmom

I was just watching our local news and they said we are getting a Hobby Lobby! Whoo Hooo! I will pass it every day on my way home from work...dangerous, very dangerous! I better start plunking my change into a jug for the Grand Opening:lol So, for those of you that have a HL tell me more!

I like Hobby Lobby, not just for yarn, but for other craft stuff as well. I've found crochet and knit pattern books there on clearance that are still regular price everywhere else. They also have neat home accessories, and when they are on clearance the prices are very low.

Last year I got all sorts of Christmas things after Christmas for 90% off. I have also gotten throw pillows for under $5 each. They originally sold for $35 to $40 and look expensive. I couldn't have sewn them myself for even $10 each.

Ooooh, where in upstate are you? I know "upstate" means a wide range of area to a lot of New Yorkers....Maybe I'll be close too....I'm north of Utica.

I would love a Hobby Lobby....especialy since AC Moore in North Utica just closed....

They just opened one near me a few months ago and they have a nice yarn selection, mostly there own brand, but I bought some of the I Love This Yarn and last night I was HATING IT, as it did not have a pull side and I spent over an hour winding it.

Ooooh, where in upstate are you? I know "upstate" means a wide range of area to a lot of New Yorkers....Maybe I'll be close too....I'm north of Utica.

I would love a Hobby Lobby....especialy since AC Moore in North Utica just closed....

The store is opening in the Big Flats/ Horseheads area.

Lucky!!

I don't think I've ever been to a HL, but when we go to our family reunion this summer I hope to find one to check out!

The store is opening in the Big Flats/ Horseheads area.

Darn....that's too far for me...but maybe once they open a store in New York there will be more opening in other areas of the state!

Make sure you go to their website and sign up for the weekly email. There is always a coupon, and usually 40% off on one (non-sale) item. Occasionally it will be 25% or for a particular dept, but more often than not it's 40% on one of anything, and you can use one every day.

I don't ever go to town with a current HL coupon in my purse. Sure helps with the cost of yarn!

ETA: You can get the coupon right at the site without getting the weekly email, but the email is my reminder that it's there.

• 2 months later...

What??? I use to make a special trip out to Utica just to visit AC Moore. I use to live on the north shore of Oneida Lake.

:turtle:vheart

I live about 3 miles from HL and work about 3 miles from another one. I love to shop there because of the specials that they run every week. The coupon (which you can get from their email or local Sunday paper) is great--if I'm looking to buy something, I use the 40% off coupon (is good for only 1 item per day per person, so have a friends go with you to purchase your yarn :D). They have so many craft items available.

We have several HL here in Oklahoma City (HL corporate is located in Oklahoma City), which makes it nice.

For those who don't have a HL, you can go to http://www.craftsetc.com which is HL website. Free shipping on orders of $25 or more, and they also have specials each week.

Happy shopping at your new HL :clap:clap

What??? I use to make a special trip out to Utica just to visit AC Moore. I use to live on the north shore of Oneida Lake.

:turtle:vheart

Yep, it's gone! It was a very sad day!!! LOL!

On a brighter note, I did get to a Hobby Lobby this past weekend. There is one in Clay, NY. It's still much farther for me to go, but at least I can get there occasionally!

I've see people print out 5 coupons & give each of their kids cash and one skein of yarn. :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn They would check out separately to get 40% off each item.

The cashier told me last time I was there, a baby in a stroller bought a scrapbooking kit. The mom said. This is separate. This is for him! :eek LOL!

As if the cashier didn't know the mom was getting another 40% off. :think

Oh. Remember, HL is closed Sundays.

Archived