Plz help me help a family

distinctives123

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to a say a BIG Thank You to those who have already sent me squares for the Johnathon Roberge family. You have proved what a wonderful family crochetville IS.

I know comftghan are not usually this big but my goal is 40 10inch squares so that his family will have a nice size ghan to wrap themselves in during the hard days ahead.

As of today I have 12 squares.

I am keeping a log of where they all have come from and will incluse it when giving the ghan so that theymay know these squares came form all over our great USA!

PLZ remember if you feel led to include a note to them do so I will include them too.

Be sure to say a prayer for them while making your square, there is NO distance in prayer!

Thanks again. Lee

Well I sent two squares out yesterday and I was going to put the pictures on here but I can't seem to make it work. I did it yesterday once for another thread and every since that I can't get the url anymore. Don't have any clue to what I did so I guess I can't show pictures. The good news is the two squares were completed and sent off.

Hi, looking for the lady in Gardner MA who made 4 sqaures for this prject. I lost your emails and hope you get this. Thank You for the sqaures but plz remember this ghan is being made with 10ich squares. I will add rnds onto the ones you have sent. You mentioned sending more so that is why I am sending a little reminder. Thanks again.

hi,

I need to get to the post office (haven't had a car this week).

My prayers are with the family. Thank you again for doing this for them.

Meanwhile, I felt compelled to design this for your comfortghan (it is 10" square):

100_0470.jpg

LeaAnne it's beautiful!!! Will you share the pattern? :blush

I will be happy to...

I just need to write it up...my notes are still out.

Meanwhile, find which hook gives you a sc that is 1/4 inch wide by 1/4 inch high.

I will post in the free patterns section this week.

Lee Ann, :tyso much for designing this beautiful square and for your willingness to share the pattern.:hug I was looking for something like that to send for the Roberge Family afghan, but could not find one, so I made a "lone star" square to simbolize the great State of Texas, where I now reside. I am sure that your square will be sent to many families that looses their love ones (unfortunate for them!):( Thanks again...:flower

hi,

I need to get to the post office (haven't had a car this week).

My prayers are with the family. Thank you again for doing this for them.

Meanwhile, I felt compelled to design this for your comfortghan (it is 10" square):

100_0470.jpg

:hook thats outstanding! you did a great job.

I cant wait to see this 'ghan put together.

:heart

:mug

Another quick thank you to t hose who have helped with this great project. Could not been done without your help. The squares that have come in have been AWESOME! I am not surprised of the talent here in the "ville". Anyone that had pledged to make /send plz remember to.

Now, the joining is soon to begin and my friend who is going to help in the area has said I should include you all in choosing what color to use to join these great squares. WE are going to use the CrochetDudes method of joining.

One idea was joining in blk then going all around the afghan in a Rnd of Red, Rnd of White, Rnd of Blue.

Any suggestions? Please advise here or email me distinctives123@verizon.net

Also I heard from someone who has a brother that was one of Johnathons teachers, that Mrs Roberge is not doing too well. Mr Roberge seems to be dealing with this a bit better. He is more focused and getting involved in things. Please continue to lift them up beofre God as the valley they are in is one that ONLY God can comfort and bring them out of.

Keep the squares coming if - more come in than needed another ghan will be made and brought to the Veterans Affairs Direc in Leom to be given to any soldier home here that has been injured from this crazy war.

Hello. Just to let you know this ghan IS coming along, thanks to all of you!

Squares rec'd so far have been laid out and I decided to make the ghan 5 squares across and 10 squares down. Nice and BIG for his family to wrap thmsleves in and feel all the love and comfort. A total of 50 squares is needed and so far I have 23.

Also decided to join squares in navy blue, then do a rnd of Red, White, Navy Blue border.

Maybe trimmed in gold or cornmeal.

A pic WILL be put up when done.

Comtinue to pray for his family. Thanks again fo rall your help. Lee distinctives123@verizon.net

Squares can be sent to Lee Imbriani

5 Daniels Hgts #8

Fitchburg, MA 01420

Feel free to include a note to Johnathons family.

I have a few squares left for another comfortghan, but then I will make you some more. Probably Sunday or Monday to :crocheting. I will post how many I am sending (I will include another flag for you, which will force me to get the pattern written :wink:blush)

xo

Archived