Plz help me help a family

distinctives123

Plz help me a help a family with a prayer and a square. A family, the Roberge family, in a neighboring city Leominster, which is called the twin city of mine Fitchburg, lost their 21 yo son Johnathon, last week to the war in Iraq.

He is the first one from Leominster to die in this war.See sentinelandenterprise.com

His family is well known in the community as they have helped out in the school system, city events, veterans affairs.

The young mans body is coming home Tues. There is a heavy cloud of sadness all about. Flags are lowered all over. The Leom Mayor has asked people to line the roads when the body returns. Wed he will lie in state at the city hall.

I feel led to try and do something to help comfort. Impossible to do it on my own so I am asking my family at crochetville to help in making a comfortghan for this family.

I think Red, White & Blue colors are appropriate. Even varigated in these colors would be fine.

I have a friend who has stepped in to help me with the joining of the squares!

I think 10 inch squares would be great in those colors ANY pattern.

While your making a sqaure plz say a prayer of comfort also. There is NO distance in prayer.

This family wil need to the grace and strength of God in the days ahead. They also have younger children at home.

To save time here is my addy if your willing to help.

Lee Imbriani

5 Daniels Hgts #8

Fitchburg, MA 01420

If you feel led to include a note along with your square to this family I will be including that when the ghan is given. Rest assurred that they will know it came form a great family called Crochetville.

Thank you everyone.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just about done with my square... it will go out in tomorrows mail!

Prayers for this family!!!

God... thank you for the brave soldiers that fight everyday for my freedom! For the freedom of my family and friends! Bless them.. and their families and I know you have other plans for some... but Dear Lord... please know .. I pray for safety for all our soldiers!!!

In Jesus Name ~ Amen

:heart

:mug

:mdust:heart Very Proud Navy Mom!!! :heart:mdust

I hope to have enough squares rec' and joined within a few weeks.

Of course the family is very busy right now but I would like to get it done sooner rather than later. I know we are all busy with our exchanges and charities but I had no one else to turn to for help with this project. We have been given this talent of crocheting and then this great awesome crochetville group I think, to reach out to one another.

Thanks again.

Tam, it's beautiful!!! Where did you get the pattern?

Oh goodness... I should have posted that! I'm so sorry!

The square is a wonderful design by Donna (aka: Smoothfox)

its called *Fox's Simple Heart Square*

The yellow ribbon I made up myself and sewed it on.

Thank you for the compliment btw... I appreciate it!

:heart

:mug

:mdust Proud Navy Mom :mdust

Lee, thank you for doing this! My heart has been breaking since I heard the news. My brother was one of the teachers interview by the newspaper. He is taking this very hard as are all the falculty and staff that knew Johnathan. Such a sad thing. I'll definitely be getting you some squares.

I would love to send a couple of squares to help out. I work at the AFB where his body was flown into - it just breaks my heart every time they bring one of our service members home like that.

Archived