Cellular phone pocket

dorayme

3bed46bd.jpg

I needed a cel phone case so I decided to make one. I looked for a pattern online similar to this but ended up not finding one and just designing my own. I used a size 0 steele hook craft thread and one metal snap. It took between 4 and 5 skeins of the craft thread. There's a little more detail on my blog on the pouch.

My sister craftygirlz really turned me onto the idea of using craft thread. I want to do some experimentation with crocheting with steele hooks as this is new for me and it's a great value for small projects when you would like a variety of colors. You do have to join because the skeins are only 10 yds but I purchased a package from Wal-Mart for under $11 and it had 105 skeins with all different colors. It's 100% cotton and has a nice sheen. Unlike embroidery floss it's twisted and doesn't separate. I think I'll have to try some flower motifs soon.

Love the phone pocket! Wish I was quick enough to get mine out of my purse quick enough before the ringing stops, much less a pocket! Good job!:clap

Archived