Michael's

Hookin Catluvr

I was in a Michaels on Weds and a girl who worked there overheard me talking to another customer and said the change will be in May. Didn't elaborate on what was coming, probably didn't know. That's only a few weeks away. I'll see what happens then.

LI Roe

I work a t Michaels in Kansas City. What we are getting is private label yarn. We haven't heard what type yet. meanwhile the clearance is a really good deal. Some of the Red Heart Sport just went on sale(select colors).

There is a Michael's opening about 45 minutes from my home. It was suppose to have opened back in October. I have been waiting with "bated" breath!! In last Sunday's newspaper, dh said that they were taking job applications. So I hope that means they will be opening soon!! I've been to a lot of Michaels in my state. Some of the stores are really full of yarn and then there's some stores that it's like, excuse me, but where is your yarn?? "Waaay back in the corner"!!

In may? That's Summer here--at least by temperature! LOL

They couldn't reduce our yarn section any more. Yep, same dark back corner. If there's another customer looking at yarn when I'm there, we can barely squeeze past each other. I drive 30 miles away to HL whenever I can.

My Michaels is chuck FULL of novelty yarn. Id like to see some more RHSS *ducking* and some Caron SS. I dont need over priced fun fur or yarn with weird twisty things in it.

I hope the "improvement" means they improve the selection. I mean, come on.. do you REALLY need 2 whole aisles of stickers?

Yeah ours had that also. I am wondering if it is going to go from 1 whole aisle to 1/2 an aisle, or are they going to increase it.:think There were also no hooks and I mean NO HOOKS.

By the way, Spring is here.:hook

I went to Michael's today and some of the yarn is reduced. The RH Super Saver dark sage was $1.49. Some of the Vanna's Choice Baby yarn Mint was $1.99 I did get about 10 of them and the Peaches and Cream was .99 for the American Ombre. Some others were on sale so I think it would be different in every Michaels. I guess for the next couple of weeks you may have to go in and see what they have.

I read on Ravelry that it's going to be their own brand of yarn.

I went on Saturday and mine is reducing some of the yarn on clearance, but not a lot. Maybe they figure this way yarn people :crocheting will continue to come in and pick up something else. Some bins are empty and they have hooks.

Debbi

We've had the sign up for awhile and the yarn section is getting more and more pitiful each week. It too is in the dark back corner next to the stock room with the blankity blank ladder/containers in the way.

I stopped at my local Michael's this morning. The signs are up, but still no changes. I always worry that "new" won't mean "better"---I'm a little nervous!

We have several different Michael's close to me, but when I read about the ladder always being back there, I had to laugh! No matter which one I visit, the ladder is ALWAYS in the yarn isle! What's up with that!?! :-) A lot of our bins are empty too.....it's not improved yet........A lot of yarn has been marked down in ours as well.

I work at Michaels as a cake decorator instructor. Next time I am up there and see the manager or asst. manager I'll ask about the 'new' yard section.

I will say this, this is the time of year they start clearance things to bring in new items. Most stores will have a clearance aisle and end caps as well as the red stickers on items all through out the store. The late spring, early summer is when they reset all the aisles bring in new things and getting rid of other things.

Last year this time our yarn aisle grew. The books, hooks and needles all got moved over an aisle and we ended up with two full rows of yarns. Each store is slightly different though, depend on the size of the stores and so forth.

Just because a lot of yarns are getting clearance please don't assume they are downsizing. It may be that they are just bringing in different colors and types of yarns.

Archived