Scarves for the Homeless/PERSONAL UPDATE, POST 1

judianne

Thanks for bumping this thread, Judianne! I found a few scarves in my closet that I had forgotten about and was going to look for this thread later. :hug

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for bumping this thread, Judianne! I found a few scarves in my closet that I had forgotten about and was going to look for this thread later. :hug

That's great!! Thanks so much.:hug

• 2 weeks later...
What a great idea! Wool is still ok to use? I might be able to make a couple for you, I have such a big stash and I need to start getting rid of some!

I wasn't told not to use wool....but in case of allergies, I would attach a note to the scarf when you mail it/them in to the church, indicating it is wool (weather it's washable or not, too, since some wool is)

Thanks for helping...and check the dates to mail them in, if you haven't done that already.:hug:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick Hi - and a thank you to all who have decided to help out.

I know there are a lot of charity requests to wade through on the ville, so I really appreciate each and every one of you!

Judianne, I just realized (slow as I can be sometimes, lol) that this church is not far from where I work. Would I be allowed to drop them off in person, rather than mail them?

Judianne, I just realized (slow as I can be sometimes, lol) that this church is not far from where I work. Would I be allowed to drop them off in person, rather than mail them?

I don't see why not. In addition to your own name, make sure Mary's name is on the box/bag you drop off and indicate what is inside...you can put my name on it, too, if you want to, so she won't be totally lost as to how you learned of the need.

Thanks so much!:hug

• 4 weeks later...

Just another quick hello...if there are any questions about the size of the scarves needed or where to send them, the link to all the info is in my siggy line.

Thanks!:hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, everybody!

Just a heads up...we have about 6 weeks before we can start sending scarves to the church.

Again, all info re size, where to mail them, etc, is in the first post here...and there's a mention of another mailing if anyone can do it, for after the holidays.

I'm thinking of making some with 2 strands of yarn and a bigger hook - it'll go faster, be fluffy, yet able to insulate...I have to experiment.:D

Thank you again...even one scarf is a help!:hug

Archived