Corn on the Cob Afghan

bearland53

I had posted my photos of afghans in the thread titled "I've Been Busy" - I have received a lot of e-mails for patterns. I will be posting others over the next couple of weeks.

Both photos are of the same pattern. However, depending on how you change colors determines what it will look like. If the cluster is raised above the row, change colors - it will look like the purple, beige, green afghan.

http://www.photoworks.com/photo-sharing/shareSignin.jsp?shareCode=ABB8382C7B1&cp=ems_shr_alb_pml&cb=PW

If the cluster is flat and even with the row, it will look like the green/pink afghan.

I'm partial to the purple, beige, green colored afghan.

CORN ON THE COB Afghan

Size 44" x 54" before fringing

Instructions: Loosely ch 136.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; 135 sc, ch3, turn (turning ch counts as first st of Row throughout)

Row 2: Dc in each of next 3 sc; *sk 3 sts, shell of (4 dc, ch 1, 4 dc) all in next st; sk 3 sts, dc in next 8 sts; rep from * across to last 11 sts, sk 3 sts, shell in next st. sk 3 sts, dc in last 4 sts; ch 3, turn.

Row 3: Dc in each of next 3 dc; * ch 4, sc into ch-1 sp of shell, ch 4, dc in next 8 dc; rep from * across, ending by working 4 dc instead of 8; ch 3, turn.

Row 4: Dc in next 3 dc; * into center sc of next group, work a shell; dc in next 8 dc; rep from * across, ending by working 4 dc instead of 8; ch 3, turn.

Rep Rows 3 and 4 for pattern. Work in pattern until piece measures 54", ending by working Row 4; ch 1, turn.

Last Row: Sc in next 3 dc; ch 3, sc in center of group; * ch 3, sc in center of group, ch 3, sc in next 8 dc; rep from * across, ending with 4 sc. Finish off.

Fringe

Cut strands 16" long and use 6 strands for each knot. Knot in center st of each shell group across each short end.

Happy Crocheting

I loved the one done in pink - looks like hearts !!!! Thanks for sharing the pattern - I printed it out so I can also make one. Beautiful work !!

Archived