help with cancer squares

emeraldjayne62

calling all crafters

I do work for cancer awareness for the uninsured, I need help with squares for a afghan,THE AFGHAN OF HOPE< A TIME TO REMEMBER.This will be a on going thing anyone who has time or would like to make a square for this please do.If the square is to remember someone please give the name of this person so it can be entered in the book.I hope with all the help from my friends here and the ones for to remember someone we can get off to a good start. have done 20 squares,white/pink,pink/white,emerald green,each color is for a different cancer,please feel free to contact me at anytime on this mater.me I did granny squares :cheer:hugthanks to all that have already sent there squares

squares can be done in any of the cancer colors,Pleas don't forgrt to add the name of the person the squares are be donated for I just got 24 in the name of a young man here in town,the his squares are orange for his cancer.I did pink for breast cancer,I just had a couple request me to make there for there mother,so most of the squares are in the names of someone with cancer or who we have lost to cancer. thanks to you all and god bless

:cheer:clap:hughttp://www.awarenessribbons.com/ribboncat.html, this site will give you the colors and 8"squares would be great, don't forget if it in the name of someone please give name and type og cancer so it can be added to the book thank you so much for taking the time to help

This lists 'sheer' for lung cancer..isn't there a different yarn color that would work better? Since some colors are listed as being for non-cancerous diseases, are those colors up for 'grabs' for this project?

When I made squares for another venture I used the light gray by Red Heart. Hope this is helpful :yarn

I have a couple of questions. Can we put the name on the square of the person we're wanting to remember? Also, to whom does the completed afghans go? Thanks in advance for the info. I have two people I want to do squares for.

Andrea

I have a couple of questions. Can we put the name on the square of the person we're wanting to remember? Also, to whom does the completed afghans go? Thanks in advance for the info. I have two people I want to do squares for.

Andrea

I too would like to know what is being done with the completed afghan(s).

This is an on going project it will be up for display so that all can see it right now it will at all of our locals fund raiser, because its something that always will be adding to ,hope to display it in the cancer unit at WVU Hospital,and anywear WE can get the point across. (THAT CANCER IS THERE )no matter the aage and we need help to find the cure,It will also be displayed at the Breast care center in morgantown,so to sum it up it will be a travling afghan HOPE A TIME TO REMEMBER. hope this answers your questions please feel free to contact me if you need to know more always and thinks for the help

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/ajandbellasmom/?action=view&current=IMG_3572.jpg

Here are some pictures of the 2 cancer afghan squares that you have requested.

The pattern is from Crojulee, here on Crochetville's free pattern link.

It's called Amy's Square.

Hi emeraldjayne,

I was wondering if the squares I sent on Mon. have arrived. The post office said you should receive it in 2 days.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Has anyone heard from emeraldjayne?:think I tried to contact her and haven't received a response. I know I read that she is disabled and was wondering if anyone has heard from her.

I hope all is well with her.:(

I received a PM from her on Saturday, so I'm sure she is alright.

I was wondering, what is the best way to send the squares. I just started and have only mailed one in a manila envelope with bubbles.

I would like to hear is there is a better method.

Now, I will ask has anyone heard from emeraldjayne? There has been no new post since Tuesday. I will mail my squares to her anyway.

Yes, I heard from her and she is doing fine.

She has started on her afghan and in the Show and Tell section under cancer squares she has started a thread to show the received squares.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should have used my Username, so you would know who I am.

karishema, is my user name. I sent the squares, were they alright. I will send more.

Archived