Rainbow Ripple of *Somewhat* Regret-Picture added in Post 12

It looks very pretty!! I like it very much!! I would keep going with it, because there is someone out there that will like it!! You can always donate it to a rest home, convalescent home, etc. The people are so appreciative of these items!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the colors are bright that that makes it cheerful looking to me. someone's spirits could really be lifted by something so bright and colorful.

I agree--it also might look absolutely lovely to someone in a nursing home whose sight has clouded a bit.

I really like the color combination--I think the white in between softens the edges nicely.

My girls would love it! They tend to like more of the bright colors, whereas I'm more conservative. If I were making it to keep myself and I weren't happy with it, I would take it out & make something you're happy with. I know there are plenty of people who say to keep it, but if you want to feel good about it and keep it personally, do what makes you happy.

Well, I was expecting something "worse" but it's just a little off IMO. Personally, I would've used a real blue after the turquoise and/or a lavender/orchid instead of that shade of maroonish purple (which I believe is what's throwing the color balance off...). Just think about the order in which the colors run in a rainbow, even nature coordinates colors in a certain way...

I really like it too - it's the type of blanket I'd make for myself (if I ever get 'round to making one for myself).

I agree with Yarnluver tho - I think the purple is maybe what's out of place - it's not quite the same tone as the other colours.....

Thank you all for the comments!! I now notice that the purple IS a bit off. I have decided to finish the blanket anyway :). My sister said I haven't made her a purse...and she's always stealing my fleece throws. She has a ton of purses already, so maybe this blanket will be better. Her room is mainly pink, so it will add color. I always feel accomplished after finishing a big project like this...especially one I'm not TOO fond of ;) Maybe when it's finished it will look better. I'll definitely work harder at choosing colors that go better together :eek

I like the look of it. I am the opposite of you, it seems. I LOVE bright colors, but always end up picking colors that end up looking so boring I wonder what I was thinking in the first place. I must have 7 shades of white in my stash! LOL Sometimes when I am working on something, I get tired of seeing it. I put it away and start something else. Then the first project will "haunt" me because it's not done. Finishing it gets much easier :-) I am glad you didn't decide to frog it!

I think it is beautiful :manyheart but the purple does throw it off a bit. If you think your sister would like it, then definitely finish it up and give it to her!

I did an afghan a few years ago called the psychedelic stripes afghan, I found it for free but it seems to be a paid pattern now...it came out really cute, kind of ripple-ish with black to break it up. :hook

I think it is just lovely! I understand about not liking something though! I bought some verigaited about 6 months ago and it was so pretty. Once I started to do the afghan, I couldn't stand it! I had already promised to give it to a group to raffle so I did finish it instead of just putting it away.

If you can't live with it, donate it or give it to a friend. Then find that right pattern for you! I have a pattern called a V-stitch throw. It can be found on the net. I did an afghan for my niece in rainbow colors (Roy G. Biv). It was lovely! I will look for the pattern again and if I find a link, I'll post it for you!

I think it is just lovely! I understand about not liking something though! I bought some verigaited about 6 months ago and it was so pretty. Once I started to do the afghan, I couldn't stand it! I had already promised to give it to a group to raffle so I did finish it instead of just putting it away.

If you can't live with it, donate it or give it to a friend. Then find that right pattern for you! I have a pattern called a V-stitch throw. It can be found on the net. I did an afghan for my niece in rainbow colors (Roy G. Biv). It was lovely! I will look for the pattern again and if I find a link, I'll post it for you!

Thanks! That'd be great :) I remember learning Roy G. Biv in 2nd grade from Bill Nye the Science Guy...thanks for bringing me back to my happier more care-free days ;):lol

Archived