Square Request-Update

buggaboosmommy

Hello! I just wanted to send a BIG Thank you :2hug to the wonderful Angels who have sent comfortghan squares so far!! Photos of the received squares are below...they are not in order, just wanted to show ya'll the ones I have so far. It's AMAZING! I told my mother in law about it today and she cried to me...saying it touched her so much that people that didn't even know her would care so much. :angel I will update as squares are received..this is going to be a good size comfortghan and I know it will make for many memories and prayers.

Thanks again! Donna

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/buggaboosmommy/DSC00884.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/buggaboosmommy/DSC00882.jpg

This is the first time I have ever made a request for squares..so I hope I am doing it right!

We talked to my mother in law this evening and she broke the news that her boyfriend was dx'd with Parkinson's disease. Rob is a lovely man, wonderful grandfather and all around good guy. To be dx'd at his age is rare, and we don't know what the future holds. I would like to put together a small lapghan for him, just to show him that there are others that care.

I'm requesting 8 inch squares in browns, reds and green. I plan to trim the lapghan in "Farmland" by Red Heart and it contains browns, reds and greens mainly. Below is the link to what this yarn looks like.

http://www.joann.com/shop/shop_zoom.jhtml;$sessionid$4E3A5HIAABBDCP4SY5LRHOR50LD3UEPO?CATID=82320&PRODID=101674&SKUID=101841&_requestid=92238

Anyway, if you can help, please send me a private message or email for my home address. I know alot of people have projects going on, so I understand if you can not help. I just want to comfort him in some way, and I'm at a loss.

Thank you again,

Donna

WOW! I woke up with 5 replies this morning. I told my husband and I honestly think he was close to tears. We are overwhelmed by kindness and I can without a doubt say Crochetville ROCKS (like we didn't know that before).

I have replied to each of you, and I can not thank you enough!

Donna

Donna, count me in on some squares. I have your address already. Do you have a deadline (other than asap)?

Hey Donna, just letting you know that I'll be mailing out 4 squares to you tomorrow. How are you doing with squares? Do you need more? I can make more if you need. Just let me know.

Cheryl,

I think 4 will be plenty :manyheart With the gals that have responded and the number they are making, I do believe after your 4..I will have enough to make an afghan. Of course I'm making a few too...so I think it will be great :)

Thanks again...

Donna

Donna--

I didn't forget about your squares. They're ready to go and I'll send them out tomorrow.

eta: 3 squares are officially on their way to you right now.

I have received 4 burgandy squares and 2 brown squares from a wonderful lady in PA. I sent you a personal note in the mail :hug Thank you SO much. I can't wait to get the comfortghan together and photographed!!

Donna

I would love to contribute to your collection but as I am so far away, it is may be too late.:hug

In case it is not too late, what weight of yarn are you wanting? I looked at the yarn you said you would be finishing it off with and it looks quite thick. I generally work in 8ply, (DK) which is a medium weight.

Maybe you can do two so he has one in the wash and one in use.:hug

The post from here takes about 7 days.

Regards.

Colleen.:hug

I have 6 ready to post tomorrow. I cheated a bit because I had some 10 inch squares, from a swap, which I did not use so I have adapted those down to your size and then made some more with the yarn I had left over. I will get them into the post tomorrow.

I also have some Red, White & Blue ones which are begging for an afghan to be made out of them so I must get on to that.

Have taken to the ripple stitch lately and made a new rug for my mum using lots of colours and black every 6th row, then I added some eyelash type yarn onto some of the rows where I had only worked into the back loop. She is getting lots of compliments about it. The last one I did is a Rainbow with yellow on the ridges and that also is making me happy. I love rainbows.:rain Could not find a rainbow so had to use the rain.

Have fun.

Colleen

Archived